As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

EitB Bug Thread

I'm getting a crash in the late-game that's not showing up my logs. Typically the AIs have played to about T400 or so on quick. See if you can replicate it. It's probably an unhandled exception somewhere that we need to patch.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Sareln Wrote:I'm getting a crash in the late-game that's not showing up my logs. Typically the AIs have played to about T400 or so on quick. See if you can replicate it. It's probably an unhandled exception somewhere that we need to patch.

Could it be this bug?

DaveV Wrote:Could it be this bug?

Quite possibly. I will run a couple of tests on a Toroidal map and see what happens.

Mardoc Wrote:Are you sure that the promo is from summoner and not from a Tower of Necromancy/Elements? I'm pretty sure in base FFH summoner only changes the duration of summons, without giving them Strong.

Oh? Well then, Summoner sucks... smile

Summoner still gives combat 1 to summoned units, right? Plus the extra turn. Still it's been nerfed because of the spectre change.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I have what I think are two interface bugs and one question regarding the in-game interface.

First the bugs. Neither the Civilopedia link nor the Options link (in Advanced) lead anywhere from the main screen. They just click back through to the same menu (you get a slight blink and the same screen pops up again).

Then I went through the set-up screen, and went as far as start game, but clicked back to the main menu (mainly because I have my father's laptop his name is coming up as the profile and I want to change that is all), found the problem with the options from the main menu. I went back through game set up (start now>continents>large>pick civ) and it wouldn't allow me to go past the pick a civ screen. I exited back to the main menu and started again. This time it worked. This one could be just me.

And the question, what's the value to change in the .ini file to bring up the interface when BUG is installed into the game (and not as a seperate mod)? I forget and am too lazy to look up tonight.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Brian Shanahan Wrote:I have what I think are two interface bugs and one question regarding the in-game interface.

First the bugs. Neither the Civilopedia link nor the Options link (in Advanced) lead anywhere from the main screen. They just click back through to the same menu (you get a slight blink and the same screen pops up again).

Then I went through the set-up screen, and went as far as start game, but clicked back to the main menu (mainly because I have my father's laptop his name is coming up as the profile and I want to change that is all), found the problem with the options from the main menu. I went back through game set up (start now>continents>large>pick civ) and it wouldn't allow me to go past the pick a civ screen. I exited back to the main menu and started again. This time it worked. This one could be just me.

And the question, what's the value to change in the .ini file to bring up the interface when BUG is installed into the game (and not as a seperate mod)? I forget and am too lazy to look up tonight.

I'll check out those interface quirks. BUG-wise, I don't know. I've always had BUG installed as a stand-alone mod myself.

Sareln Wrote:I'll check out those interface quirks. BUG-wise, I don't know. I've always had BUG installed as a stand-alone mod myself.

Figured out the BUG problem (well remembered the solution) the other night and kept forgetting to stick it up here.

Go to the .ini file in the Mod itself, and change the parameter for NoCustomAssets from "0" to "1". That'll allow you to see the interface with BUG assets in the game.

Needless to say, best to copy the file and stash it away somewhere safe before making any changes.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Problem: I'm playing Mahala, and my troops don't have the Raider promo.

Edit: I just checked out the starting save, and there my troops do have the Raider promo. Could it be that Bronze Weapons makes the promo disappear?

Ilios Wrote:Problem: I'm playing Mahala, and my troops don't have the Raider promo.

Edit: I just checked out the starting save, and there my troops do have the Raider promo. Could it be that Bronze Weapons makes the promo disappear?

iirc, raider only applies to mounted & recon right now.