As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

EitB Bug Thread

Sareln Wrote:It's a hack to prevent multiple units from exploring until I've figured out a better way to do it.

There's apparently some sort of countdown timer on the lair that decides when the exploration triggers; can you check for that timer to be unititialized before allowing exploration?

Sareln Wrote:Dungeons have to be explored alone for now (button is grayed out if there's more than one unit on the tile at time of casting, you can pile more units on after you've started). It's a hack to prevent multiple units from exploring until I've figured out a better way to do it.

Ah that was probably it. Thanks.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

A potential bug - what do you need to hook up reagents? Apart from a plantation and a road? Because I played a game today and noticed I don't have them in resource list despite having both of these.

KotE?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Mist Wrote:A potential bug - what do you need to hook up reagents? Apart from a plantation and a road? Because I played a game today and noticed I don't have them in resource list despite having both of these.

Should be KotE like in Base FfH2...
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Bug: for at least some of the constellation events (it has happened to me with several of them, although I don't remember which ones exactly), the option "Let's use this opportunity to raise taxes" claims in the mouse-over that it will subtract 0-50 gold from your treasury. However, whenever I have selected the option, I have gained gold instead. So either the mouse-over text is wrong or the implementation is flawed. Judging by the "raise taxes" text I assume it is the mouse-over that is incorrect.

This is really minor, but I thought it would still be worth pointing out since it seems really easy to fix. smile
Played in: PBEM 4 [Formerly Jowy's Peter of Egypt] | PBEM 10 [Napoleon of the Dutch] | PBEM 11 [Shaka of France] | EitB XVI [Valledia of the Amurites] | PB7 [Darius of Rome] | Diplomacy 3 [Austria-Hungary] | PBEMm/o vs AutomatedTeller

Exploring a barrow isn't delayed like it is for other lairs.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Ellimist Wrote:Exploring a barrow isn't delayed like it is for other lairs.

This is intentional. Barrows and lairs which can spawn defenders get no delay. Dungeons, Shipwrecks and Unique Features get the delay.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Never mind, I figured it out.
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Two issues.

Firstly, the event which gives Mary Morbius is still in the game. It should be removed.

In a more game affecting issue we have Malevolent Designs. It now requires either Mind Stapling or Infernal Pact. That is something of a problem since it is required for the researcher to have spent time as either OO or AV. Now a short stint in those religions isn't normally a major problem. Picking up some Ritualists or Cultists is generally quite a good move militarily even if other things make up the bulk of your forces. It does make things a lot harder for those civs who have been relying on religious heroes though, particularly evil compatible religions like Esus and Leaves. Malevolent Designs is a late game technology, and by the portion of the game you would normally be researching it you may be inextricably locked into the religion you've currently got, with highly promoted National Units and Heroes that would desert. In which case you're just screwed for not putting in the prep work of conversion and research earlier.

As well, with Liches tied into Malevolent Designs, it's not just for evil civs any more. Any arcane focussed civ might wish to unlock Liches just to give them a higher Archmage cap.

The Grigori and Illians are particularly screwed over. They don't even have the option to convert, and the Grigori would love 4 more adventurer archmages, while the Illians miss out on both Eidolons and Ice Archmage slots.

I would say this needs to be addressed. I'm not quite sure what a better prereq would be for Malevolent Designs though.