As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Chairmen NobleHelium and Gaspar Demand Your Presence in the Collective

I want to say that despite what was said in the tech thread we miss a turn way too often for 4 experienced, reliable teams.

So let's see. What's the situation? (My parents went away on a week's vacation...) Basically the situation is thus:

[Image: panic.jpg]

Peace treaty with N7 ends in 2t. They have Guilds. Mackoti also has Guilds and has been building Knights. While I'd *love* to see mack and N7 slug it out, I think we're more likely looking at N7 attacking us eventually and Mack trying to annex Lewwyn. We're actually still #2 in power as of this turn:

[Image: t95a.jpg]

Here's the current potential clash points:

[Image: t95b.jpg]

That's the East Indies. The filled dot is N7s city. You can see they can 1-turn attack from any of the colored squares. Circled in red because my SS editor doesn't have a default heart shape is Lewwyn's worker, building us a road. lol

Here's the jungle hub:

[Image: t95c.jpg]

You can see N7 flashing an X-bow. We just finished those walls in Watcher's Eye. Couple N7 spears I bet they wish they had a few turns ago. wink

And the tundra:

[Image: t95d.jpg]

Nothing doing there, though if we see any nonsense from mack, that's likely to be where.

[Image: t95e.jpg]

Not much doing in the West Indies either. We did finish the accursed 3rd trireme and flashed it at N7. Those are going to be obsolete in a minute though.

Lewwyn's obviously expecting trouble from mack. You can see our scout in an empty city and a catapult rolling towards the jungle. There will be blood soon, friends.

[Image: t95f.jpg]

We got a fortuitous random Hindu spread on ending turn in Deep Clustering, which I haven't shown recently:

[Image: t95g.jpg]

F1 probably is about as accurate a state of the empire as I can show:

[Image: t95h.jpg]

Demos are meh considering we're the only ones still in a GA. With a tech selected the GNP jumps to second! wink

[Image: t95i.jpg]

Questions?
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Gaspar Wrote:Questions?

Second to whom?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Commodore Wrote:Second to whom?

Macks been in front of this pack for some time. N7 are right behind, naturally.

[Image: t95j.jpg]

I actually reloaded the BEOT save. On 100% on a tech with pre-req's, known by two of the three other competitors, as the only civ in a Golden Age:

[Image: t95k.jpg]

:dancing5:band:2dance:elephant:toastdance jive

[Image: a-winner-is-me-girls-tee_design.png]

N7's EI city is one west of the indicated tile actually.

Oh and we need to swap over that shared coast tile to SC, would be retarded to accidentally work ocean over it.

I think perhaps my good friend SevenSpirits is trying to tell us something. These are the trade offers I opened the turn to:

[Image: t97a.jpg]

[Image: t97b.jpg]

[Image: t97c.jpg]

[Image: t97d.jpg]

So you think they're intending on attacking us next turn? wink

Gaspar Wrote:I think perhaps my good friend SevenSpirits is trying to tell us something. These are the trade offers I opened the turn to:

So you think they're intending on attacking us next turn? wink

I don't know - did you return the cities, as instructed? wink
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

For what its worth, I think they're counting on us being unprepared because they really don't have enough power to have the sort of stack we should be afraid of, particularly when considering they get a decent bit of their strength from tech and pop. I would be shocked if they had enough in the fog anywhere to hit any of those 3 cities without relying heavily on luck to succeed.

Regardless, neither Noble nor I have any intention of coasting along to a pleasant 3rd place finish, so anything they want they'll have to pry from our cold, protective hands.

Gaspar Wrote:anything they want they'll have to pry from our cold, protective hands.

That's the spirit! thumbsup

Take some of the bastards with you.

So yeah, overwhelmingly likely the city of Sea Collective will return to Korean hands next turn:

[Image: t97e.jpg]

We upgraded a bowman to longbow to give us roughly a 30% chance of holding the city, but mostly we're just hoping they lose some chunk of those troops in the process. We have a few assorted flotsam heading towards the area on the off-chance it holds/we have opportunities for clean-up.

I had planned a fuller report but I'm exhausted. Someone remind me tomorrow that there's other stuff to say about this turn. smile

Forgot to promote some units again. -_-