As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

EitB Bug Thread

Ilios Wrote:In a SP game with the Elohim, I had the possibility to upgrade a Hunter to a Stonewarden.

Via the Devout? I'd assume it's intended. Elohim get good options in converting recon->disciples.

Selrahc Wrote:Via the Devout? I'd assume it's intended. Elohim get good options in converting recon->disciples.

No, directly.

Ilios Wrote:No, directly.

But the Devout is the line the upgrade goes through. Hunters upgrade to Devouts, Devouts to (Good) Priests. So Hunters upgrade to Priests. I imagine you'll also be able to upgrade a Scout to a Priest as well. In the same way an Archer can be upgraded to a Knight through the Horse Archer path.

I'm not really getting the problem here.

Oh, gotcha. smile

The Domination spell is apparently totally bugged and can't be cast at all.

uberfish Wrote:The Domination spell is apparently totally bugged and can't be cast at all.

Details? I see an error. If you're feeling adventurous, save, go to the CvSpellInterface.py file in your assets\python\entrypoints folder and find the line:

if (pUnit.isAlive() and pBestUnit.isHasPromotion(iLoyalty) == False):

Change that to:

if (pUnit.isAlive() and pUnit.isHasPromotion(iLoyalty) == False):

Does that fix it?

(Don't forget to change it back afterwards for your multiplayer commitments).
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

I worldbuildered an archmage with Mind III into turn 2 of a new game so that Loyalty could not be involved at all, the button appears but can't be clicked.

I'm guessing pBestUnit is null and the function call crashes, so it's not about Loyalty.

uberfish Wrote:I worldbuildered an archmage with Mind III into turn 2 of a new game so that Loyalty could not be involved at all, the button appears but can't be clicked.

There needs to be a valid unit to target. Did you also spawn a barb warrior to dominate?
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Sareln Wrote:There needs to be a valid unit to target. Did you also spawn a barb warrior to dominate?

Actually I dropped it next to another civ and declared war.

BTW:

1) Anyone who has Domination probably also has access to Dispel Magic to get rid of loyalty anyway so it's not much of a counter.

2) I think Domination should go for the next highest target if the top unit in a stack is immune.