As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]Luddite: A Man, A Plan, An Also-Ran

Those demos are truly overpowering at the moment.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

Gold Ergo Sum Wrote:Those demos are truly overpowering at the moment.

Well, to be fair that's with the slider at 100%. Dunno what Sian is running, but he's #2 in everything. When I run 0% the difference isn't so pronounced, but I'm still #1. So yeah, it's pretty good.

Next turn I'll put an academy in the capital, too. We're still shooting upwards.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Gold Ergo Sum Wrote:Build it all! I want shinies! Parthenon, SoZ, and for the love of God, Shwedagon Paya!!!!!

Don't forget the chicken pizza smile

Shit is goin down

[Image: pbem36-turn074-goindown.jpg]

Everybody gets a military build; I'm assuming that Sian is going to move slow to keep his cats and other untis in the stack, so there are more catapults than HAs. I'll have 12 HAs and 8 catapults in the south, along with 4 HAs and a spear up north. This will delay the Great Library another turn, but I'd rather play conservatively and lose out on that wonder than lose a city.

[Image: pbem36-turn074-citylist.jpg]

Henchmen, it's time to suit up
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

He don't know who he messin wit.
Completed: SG2-Wonders or Else!; SG3-Monarch Can't Hold Me; WW3-Surviving Wolf; PBEM3-Replacement for Timmy of Khmer; PBEM11-Screwed Up Huayna Capac of Zulu; PBEM19-GES, Roland & Friends (Mansa of Egypt); SG4-Immortality Scares Me

Well, he must have seen the video clip and been intimidated because Sian did not attack.

He moved his northern HA in, and my spear lost at 73% odds, but i cleaned up with my other HAs. He saw everything while he was up there: the settler, both workers, and all my HAs. So I am working on a road north and may reposition my army once that's done. Engineering would be nice, but I will have to do wtihout for a while.

I sent my westward HA into AT's territory to have a peek. Saw a city on the oasis, which didn't surprise me much... and then I noticed the really interesting part. See if you can spot it; it took me a few minutes to notice it

[Image: pbem36-turn075-ATcity.jpg]

Technology: we 1-turned Code of Laws but now we've burnt through our cash. I'm try to decide when the best time to trigger the 9-turn golden age will be. Also am trying to figure out the tech path. Right now I think the tech path is going to be

Civil Service
Philosophy
Paper
Education
Nationalism
Liberalism (take Mil Trad)

I've got another Great Person coming in soon out of the capital; odds are its an Engineer but next best at 40% says it's a scientist. A sci would be ideal to bulb Education, and running several scientists would be top. An engineer... he may be the ticket to rush National Epic, most likely in one of the oasis cities (+18 food with both work boats netted)

Civil Service is next, that much I'm sure of. Then philosophy so we can do a golden age with Pacifism & lots of scientists.

Just one catch: we need to move the religion to our oasis cities. Maybe our capital builds a monestary next.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I think I know what you're referring to, but if I'm wrong I'd be pointing something out to you that I shouldn't be. :neenernee

Okay, Noble then i'll spoiler what I noticed:

the culture values on the tile; scooter used to own that city.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Yeah.

Sian invaded.

We'll be fine wink

Edit: Oh, we founded Confucianism too. So i guess we'll be first to Civil Service. I picked up Monotheism at 0% just because I could. Tempted to do the same for Iron Working next turn but CS is more important.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player