As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

FTL - Faster Than Light

Well, I did get to the boss once now, but of course got obliterated. Not sure how to fight that monster, but I guess I just fly to fast through the systems and don't make enough scrap to really buy me some nice stuff, so it might get better if I do exactly that. Engi-ship btw, though I got to Sector 7 with the Kestrel, just got overrun there by not having any experience with intruders and simply losing my guys.

@Sian

I haven't got any other ship than the Kestrel and the Engi one right now. Are there others easily unlockable? From reading through the ship type overview I got the feeling it is pretty much luck-based if you get certain encounters to even have a chance to unlock those types but maybe I'm wrong?

Oh, btw, do you guys play on easy first in order to unlock the ships? I have only played on normal all the time...

Most of the rest are encouter driven. I have

Starting ship, engi, rock, end game. atm.

Its really worth visiting as many points as possible each section. Also toward the end game the following things make a huge difference against the boss.

Crew teleporter (easiest way to take out his guns)
Stealth mode (easier way to avoid drone overload at stage 2)
defensive drone (to take out incoming missles that deal the worst damage to your ship)

I play on easy all the time atm to try to unlock

Jkaen Wrote:defensive drone (to take out incoming missles that deal the worst damage to your ship)

Make it Defensive Drone II ... then you take out lasers as well ... only thing that can damage you then is bombs, beams, bording and drones (and not even sure drones can)

I just missiled the boss's shields to death and it was pretty quick with a a pair of blasters. In fact that seems like the best tactic for just killing things late game: Pound down the shield generator. In the early game it seems to be: Disable the weapons control.

I got the Zolton Cruiser from a quest. I imagine that many of the ships are quest-related.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Cloak is pretty good for evading missiles. Hit it after you see them launch.

Anyone know if the Engi need to breathe or not?

Yay, beat it on easy with the Kestrel. I unlocked the stealth ship along the way so I'm going to try that next. I also unlocked the type B floor plan for the Kestrel so I'm interested to see that. Current high score is 3565. Basically Ion bomb shield generators then use a pair of blasters to take out everything.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Bleh, you almost hve to have projectile spam against the boss... :\
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”