As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

Excellent!
If you make it north, maybe you can check out the two tombs. Maybe as a necromancer you are left alone by the zombies there.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Passing on the save!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19168036/d/region3.zip

Someone else can become a necro by reading the book in Freesquashes keep which is way more convenient than the towers - or feel free to play Istro if you like.

there are a few more ideas I have -

- Were-elephants!
- Dwarves digging too deep and adventurers having to clean up the mess - I might explore this idea next time it's my turn
- And of course building a dwarf fortress somewhere now that we have people interested in the game.

Dwarves digging too deep nearby Freequashes? XD

This thread is full of win! lol

I just wish Dwarf Fortress had some sort of a decent graphical interface and a basic tutorial, I gave it a try and didn't understand a thing except moving around...

Looks like getting cursed by a deity is how the animal-person combinations get created.

I will give the fort a go, trying to find a nearby spot to The Slippery Confederation.

Digging too deep is the objective here, right?

mh
---

(November 24th, 2012, 16:22)mostly_harmless Wrote: I will give the fort a go, trying to find a nearby spot to The Slippery Confederation.

Digging too deep is the objective here, right?

mh

Use the embark anywhere hack to start on top of a human settlement?

Found a suitable site in the mountains south of the Slippery Confederation.
Looks like we have a little hill, not really a mountain. A stream, lots of ponds. A lot of native copper, which is not great, was hoping for better metals. Maybe find something better deeper.

Idea is to get a nice fortress going. I have turned invasions off and limited myself to 20 dwarves for now, to keep the FPS sensible.

mh
---

Well, it said "Untamed Wilderness" upon embark.
So still in the early days, when all the dwarves achieved was to drive a shaft into the hill and cut down some trees, the noises attracted a Giant Wolverine, which killed two of my seven dwarves and a breeding pair of pigs, before I realized the danger and drafted the woodcutter into a the militia and gave orders to attack the beast!
The woodcutter was overwhelmed and died, but the beast at least went away as well.

What a disastrous start for the fortress! Only 4 dwarves left, with the expedition leader very unhappy due to having lost a friend to tragedy lately.
[Image: startp.png]

So the priorities are to fence ourselves in for security and train the dogs!

mh
---

Can you give us details of what 4 dwarves you have left please?