As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: How should I play this one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Peaceful like a lamb
12.20%
5 12.20%
Gruff but defensive, like a billy goat
9.76%
4 9.76%
Aggressive, like Lambert, the Sheepish Lion post-therapy
19.51%
8 19.51%
A horrific mad hurricane of violent destruction, like a toddler
58.54%
24 58.54%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[spoilers] Commodore: Worse than Toku, it's Giggles of Siam!

hah.

missed the Cease fire.

Take 10t peace if we can get it.

And skip IW for a copper grab. innocent
fnord

(December 28th, 2012, 01:43)Commodore Wrote: I really am butterable, for future reference, folks. After all, in PB5 I wasn't willing to join Scooter in war against Regopin or Krill because he sold Gunpowder to my worst enemy while they'd been nice. I don't see how this could have been an accommodation but heck, they defend long enough for say Plako to hack me off and they could have hung out in East Australia scot free.

I suspect you have a reputation for being peaceful with a neighbor only when you're already planning for or at war with another neighbor. I get the impression Pindiscooter would have been happy to leave you alone if they could believe you'd have left them alone. But you showed your aggression to them with that pink dot attempt, and they knew what the lay of the land was to your north and that you had no other neighbors.

Zed, thanks for that, although it might be a bit much to talk about their current mindset. No matter, I know them both well enough to know their baseline caution anyway. Then too, I did try a pink dot. Like I said, I ain't mad, it's a legitimate and probably sensible move.

Metagaming is also a part of this. Given leader, civ, and player skill Pindicooter have to be #1 seed to win (I'm probably realistically #5 behind them, CFC/Nakor, Lewwyn, and Plako). Departing on a grinding war with a #8 out of 11 team? Dumb. These guys? They'd probably win if left unmolested, so let's leave them molested.

If they do take a treaty I'll plant pink for copper, sure.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I don't think they were the ones who initiated the war here, regardless of what the game mechanics say. wink

(December 28th, 2012, 12:20)Zed-F Wrote: I don't think they were the ones who initiated the war here, regardless of what the game mechanics say. wink

That's easy to agree with. Kudos to you Commodore for initiating! May your future aggression bear more fruit!

(December 28th, 2012, 12:20)Zed-F Wrote: I don't think they were the ones who initiated the war here, regardless of what the game mechanics say. wink

Agreed. The Company of Corn and Queeg's Quills are next, but Zedef's Archers shall appear soon, always appreciate the comments. Currently, my archers are Mardoc's Company, Boldly's Bowmen, and The Sons of Krill, by the way:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0360.JPG]

Annoyingly, both impi will be promoting. Thankfully, Olaf and Nell handled the little forest issue we were having northwest of Hidden Valley, so Cornflakes will be making his company in honor of that event. I miss Drill 1 and the easy shock promotion, but I guess cheap granaries are worth it.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0356.JPG]

Although sometimes we grow a little too fast. I swapped off the crab to pick up the whipped-away cottage in the capital. Unless Scooter goes insane soon, we'll need all the commerce we can manage for IW fast. 10 turns is the goal. Foodhammers into another settler here in LG is the means.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0357.JPG]

I am seeing another benefit of this early IW; given a lack of easy methods to push east, I think we'll need to settle a decent core of 6-7 cities north sooner rather than later; these are good city spots too. Gems out from under the jungle will be awesome for the happy, letting The Greenways pay for itself very quickly. I need not even start to talk about how nice Coldspring is, and Sandhurst, I might mention, is pretty much built for chopping out a marble wonder.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0359.JPG]

All that is in the future, though. For now, we settle Verdant Acres, use it to whip a library for a GS/some science, and work on holding the line. Azza, by the way, much have TRs to us via Scooter/Pin, because they're sinking EPs into a "not us" target. Non-Agg Rome with nerfed Preats won't cause them any worries, though.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0358.JPG]

Now how about a pink stone push...

If the sons of Krill die to an impi I'm going to be very disappointed.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(December 28th, 2012, 20:00)Krill Wrote: If the sons of Krill die to an impi I'm going to be very disappointed.

That will make two of us. Although I figure you're already disappointed with them, most of your archers tend to ride horses.

(December 28th, 2012, 14:44)MindyMcCready Wrote:

That's easy to agree with. Kudos to you Commodore for initiating! May your future aggression bear more fruit!

Missed this earlier, thanks! Hopefully! Also, I know it's a different name but I just keep thinking "nanu, nanu" when I see your name.

In serious news, it's looking a little grim here for the long-term win. Bigger is a chatterbox, but war with Scooter/Pin is a zero-sum game for me. We're in third in post count and I just don't know how we'll manage to surpass Lewwyn and Pindicooter.

(December 28th, 2012, 20:00)Krill Wrote: If the sons of Krill die to an impi I'm going to be very disappointed.

faugh.

He already got "Thoth's Company" butchered.

And I'm his ded lurker.

Don't get your hopes up mate. tongue
fnord