As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

"You have been struck down." - Dwarf Fortress Adventure stories

The second Beast weighted 9 tons, btw.
All the while the fighting went on, Sian decided the time was ripe to withdraw from the excitement and work on a piece of art.
While I described her as unremarkable, she is now a legendary stone crafter, after creating a microcline statue of dwarves. (More on that tomorrow).

Brian, your description will have to wait as well.

Helium, uhmm, yes they do. You find a tile of say hematite, then your miner gets assigned to dig that tile. Afterwards one piece of hematite ore is left lying there. This gets smelted into iron bars. If you cannot find more hematite tiles, then that's it. In that sense all resources, stones, gems and metal are limited.

mh
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Oh you killed the forgotten beasts with only 2 casualties, awesome job and reporting.

I was just tring to avoid them.

Although technically mineral resources are limited, deposits of metals used for arms manufacture do tend to be very extensive if present, ie running out of bronze or iron won't be an issue.

Congratulations on the victory! We will honor our fallen captain and our expert marksman with a thousand deeds of valor!

If possible, a profile of the humble folk would be fine

I must have sired a lot of children if HidingKneel is also my grandchild. Mini-Mardoc was too. cry
Could I see my proflie too?
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

(December 28th, 2012, 19:45)Adbekunkus Wrote: Congratulations on the victory! We will honor our fallen captain and our expert marksman with a thousand deeds of valor!

If possible, a profile of the humble folk would be fine

Adbekunkus:
[Image: adbekunkus.png]
Further related to Catwalk (Nephew) and Tatan (Cousin).
Not particularly skilled in anything, she is a member of the crossbow squad.
If off duty she mostly does hauling jobs, which she is very suited for. Adbekunkus is the strongest dwarf in the fortress!
She arrived in the first year with the second wave of immigrants.

(December 28th, 2012, 23:17)Lewwyn Wrote: I must have sired a lot of children if HidingKneel is also my grandchild. Mini-Mardoc was too. cry
Could I see my proflie too?

Lewwyn:
[Image: lewwyn.png]
Member of the axedwarf squad. If off duty he dabbles in stone engraving and fishing.
His wife Dastot is actually dead. She was killed by Ichabod going berserk iirc.

Brian:
[Image: brianj.png]
Brian is our chief medical dwarf, although was not involved in treating Thoth's broken toe, the only medical emergency so far (instant death aside).
She is married to some dwarf that is not with the fortress. Apart from that she does not seem to have many friends.
She is a legendary bone carver and has gotten that skill not by a strange mood, but from constant labour!
Brian is also very good with the crossbow, but to valuable to be assigned a fighting role.
She arrived with the second wave at the fortress.

mh
---

Urgh. The clothing industry has been neglected for too long. A lot of dwarves are complaining about wearing old clothes. In fact some of the dwarves have started to throw away their worn out clothes.
I just saw Pling running around without trousers!!!

Tatan (collecting webs and weaving) and Gustaran (clothmaking) are relieved of all other jobs. Get some trousers onto Pling!!!

With the first cavern open up for exploitation we can collect the giant cave spider webs and forgotten best webs to make some high quality clothing!

mh
---

Things are heating up!
As more and more dwarves run around naked, the human trade caravan arrives! And with it a goblin ambush!
Marksdwarves to the battlements!!

mh
---

Just put everyone in armor and they'll be covered. nod

The humans got all slaughtered, as did all of the goblins. When our dwarves arrived at the seen, no one was alive.
Not quite sure what to do with all the stuff lying around (2 wagons full of trade goods!) the overseer decided in the end to loot most of it.

Thoth has become the new militia commander, btw.

mh
---

Does that affect the appearance of future human caravans?