As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Lurkerloos and map discussion

(January 15th, 2013, 07:46)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: This game was more fun until Brick screwed up my city placements. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! rant DIE DIE DIE!

As soon as it became apparent Brick was defending their border city, Spacetyrantxenu converted to the Dark Side. It seems that the moment something, someone, makes any sort of move that upsets Spacetyrantxenu's personal plans, vengeance has to be sought. Spacetyrantxenu even knows they're not being especially rational about it. That's a strange way to play to multiplayer: It's inevitable that sooner or later someone will disrupt ones' plans, and sometimes the optimum gameplay reaction is not, "DIE DIE DIE!"

(January 15th, 2013, 09:38)timski Wrote:
(January 15th, 2013, 07:46)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: This game was more fun until Brick screwed up my city placements. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! rant DIE DIE DIE!

As soon as it became apparent Brick was defending their border city, Spacetyrantxenu converted to the Dark Side. It seems that the moment something, someone, makes any sort of move that upsets Spacetyrantxenu's personal plans, vengeance has to be sought. Spacetyrantxenu even knows they're not being especially rational about it. That's a strange way to play to multiplayer: It's inevitable that sooner or later someone will disrupt ones' plans, and sometimes the optimum gameplay reaction is not, "DIE DIE DIE!"

Spacetyrantxenu: Infected with Civ 5 AI since 2010.

Sorry Xenu, when you finally read this, but it was too good to pass up.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(January 15th, 2013, 10:25)BRickAstley Wrote: I guess I'll be in the Everlong War Of GAH I HATE YOU BRICK YOU RAT BASTARD for this game. At least I have the AGG advantage. smile

Full marks to Brick for that assessment.

Oh, and now that Lewger have a trade link with Commodore, shouldn't they be able to see Commodore is trading the kitchen sink to Azza? popcorn

(January 15th, 2013, 11:02)timski Wrote: Oh, and now that Lewger have a trade link with Commodore, shouldn't they be able to see Commodore is trading the kitchen sink to Azza? popcorn

No they need contact with Commodore to see that.
I have to run.

Who got the Great Lighthouse? Azza?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(January 15th, 2013, 15:10)Krill Wrote: Who got the Great Lighthouse? Azza?

Nakor.
I have to run.

Yeah, the resource shenanigans make for fun lurker entertainment but I'd be frustrated as hell if I was playing the game. I'll keep my random screwed by the RNG map rolls for SP, and take balanced-ish maps for the MP games I'm investing months in.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

OTOH, it can make for some interesting problem solving early game. Late game not so much.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

This game its getting silly with all those batles won by commodore at realy low odds and not oonce but many times.I think RNG its more decisive in civ then i believed until now.I think normal was like they 2 win maximum 1 batle so ther you scooter 2 more units and they 2 lees but the RNg decided against, I rememeber in some pitbos loosing same i was talking alone few days.

I really don't like Plako's dotmap for the Moai city. He really should split up that food, else there's a whole bunch of grasslands that go wasted.

Cities 11 and 6 of the cows looks better.