As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

New Civilization 5 Expansion - Brave New World

(April 12th, 2013, 02:18)Jowy Wrote: Amazing news! Looking forward to the first RB Civ5 Pitboss game :D
I just hope we have enough interest for one

And lose the chance of playing Brazil in a MP Civ Game? I'll play, that's for sure. Yes, the marketing value of adding Brazil is already paying of. lol

(April 12th, 2013, 02:25)Tasunke Wrote: was she really the only female portuguese leader tho?

Anyone with 'the Mad' after their name probably should'nt go into Civ .. especially a Civ where there is only ONE LEADER per nation!

Even 'the terrible' would be better. Like Ivan 'the terrible' of Russia, for instance.

The only worse choice of leader for Portugal that I can think of is Dom João VI, Maria's heir, which was actually the guy who lost Brazil. It's almost like using Dom Pedro I as Brazil's leader (Dom Pedro I renounced as Brazil's emperor to return to Portugal and rule there. Later, Dom Pedro II had the chance to do it too, but refused to return to Portugal, which is one of the most important facts in Brazilian history, "the day of the stay", in a bad translation).

Portugal is just a bad Civ to choose a female leader for. It would be better just to use Dilma Rousseff as Brazil's leader. lol

Apparently MP is getting some significant improvements.

- Firaxis was able to have a full team work on the BNW multiplayer to fix bugs and create new modes
- New Observer mode
- Sequential Turn Mode
- Hybrid Turn Mode; Sequential turns until combat occurs then switches to normal turn based turns
- Pitboss will be included in BNW

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.p...ostcount=1

I could see multiplayer Civ5 not completely sucking due to people actually knowing how to abuse the units.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

(April 12th, 2013, 04:34)Azza Wrote: Apparently MP is getting some significant improvements.

- Firaxis was able to have a full team work on the BNW multiplayer to fix bugs and create new modes
- New Observer mode
- Sequential Turn Mode
- Hybrid Turn Mode; Sequential turns until combat occurs then switches to normal turn based turns

I wasn't going to pick up BNW until it was heavily discounted on a Steam sale, but this is making me rethink waiting that long
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Well, I think all the MP improvements will apply to all users of Civ V, not just BNW owners.

(April 12th, 2013, 02:07)NobleHelium Wrote:
(April 12th, 2013, 02:03)Ichabod Wrote: The MP chages are very nice, hope they implement them all well.

Portugal is confirmed, with Maria I as a leader. There are people talking about it being the worst leader choice ever and I don't think that's far from the truth. What I know about Maria I is that she fled Portugal, because of Napoleon, to come to Brazil (which soon after became independent) and that she was mad. Not a very good picture, right?

I admit that I know very little of Portuguese and Brazilian history. But the choice has been hated on almost everywhere, so I'm probably not too far from the truth.

It's a minor thing, I know. But they could have done it better.

(March 15th, 2013, 10:48)NobleHelium Wrote: One thing is for sure: they'll seize any opportunity to include female leaders for as many civilizations as possible. lol

Could use some good April 1st fodder for when CIV6 is announced.

In Civilization 6, all leaders will be female. As a result, USA is cut until it elects a female president :P

Alt: New US Leader is Eleanor Roosevelt.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

(April 12th, 2013, 07:10)Sareln Wrote:
(April 12th, 2013, 02:07)NobleHelium Wrote:
(April 12th, 2013, 02:03)Ichabod Wrote: The MP chages are very nice, hope they implement them all well.

Portugal is confirmed, with Maria I as a leader. There are people talking about it being the worst leader choice ever and I don't think that's far from the truth. What I know about Maria I is that she fled Portugal, because of Napoleon, to come to Brazil (which soon after became independent) and that she was mad. Not a very good picture, right?

I admit that I know very little of Portuguese and Brazilian history. But the choice has been hated on almost everywhere, so I'm probably not too far from the truth.

It's a minor thing, I know. But they could have done it better.

(March 15th, 2013, 10:48)NobleHelium Wrote: One thing is for sure: they'll seize any opportunity to include female leaders for as many civilizations as possible. lol

Could use some good April 1st fodder for when CIV6 is announced.

In Civilization 6, all leaders will be female. As a result, USA is cut until it elects a female president :P

Alt: New US Leader is Eleanor Roosevelt.

Or Sarah Palin. Or Hillary Clinton?

@Brick,

I think they'd focus on ER b/c there's a good body of work in American History about how she effectively ran the government when FDR was infirm/recovering from his latest bout. I don't think anyone says the same thing about either HC or SP.
Blog | EitB | PF2 | PBEM 37 | PBEM 45G | RBDG1

Considering how male dominated the gaming industry is, I hold nothing against having more female characters to play as.

(April 12th, 2013, 05:56)pindicator Wrote:
(April 12th, 2013, 04:34)Azza Wrote: Apparently MP is getting some significant improvements.

- New Observer mode
- Sequential Turn Mode

I wasn't going to pick up BNW until it was heavily discounted on a Steam sale, but this is making me rethink waiting that long

Ditto