As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Pindicator, God-King of the Egyptians

Wow, almost forgot about this turn with everything else going on...

When I got the save, I found my spear had been killed. That's okay though because I was kind of expecting that. And better the spear than my capital! (I really should build walls there.) I also had some deals on the table when I opened:

1. Azza offered me peace for all my gold and my Gold resource. That's pretty laughable unless he has a second wave coming
2. Ichabod accepted my offer of friendship
3. Ichabod offered me 50g for my Gold.

I almost took the last one, but Azza is parked on one of my 2 Gold resources, and if he pillages then I will go unhappy. So I didn't want to sell my Gold to Ichabod only to have Azza pillage my other Gold next turn. So I declined.

On to tactics:

Solid lines are where I moved; dotted lines are ranged units firing.
I had a very nice turn. Azza had used his red-lined CB to attack my spear last turn rather than running to safety. Because he did that he left it open for my scout to kill his CB. Yay for Scout kills!
After that it was just deciding which unit I wanted to gang up on. I decided on the next CB over; and I moved up the War Chariot & Archer (hidden behind my UI), hit it with them as well as my CB & City bombard. Bam. Dead 2 dead CBs this turn.

End pic:

Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Wanted to ask this earlier, but held off for fear of appearing leading or spoilery. What happened to your war chariot, how did it get killed? Why wasn't it safe inside the city?

Yeah, I lost the war chariot when Azza first declared war and advanced.  I didn't retreat it because I was more afraid of him moving everything up and taking my capital quick -- so I kept the WC in range to do an attack, and buy some time while my other units (archer & WC) moved in from my other cities, and the CB was able to finish in the capital.

From memory, I think so far the losses on each side of this war have gone like so:

Azza:
3 CB      50h ea
1 Spear   37h ea

187h lost

Me:
1 Spear   37h ea
1 WC      37h ea
1 Scout   16h ea

90h lost

Right now Azza is gearing up for round 2.  He has 3 CBs and a warrior that will be able to hit my units next turn.  I've got 2 CB, 1 archer, and 1 WC in the area; plus another CB is finishing in Matrix Reloaded to join in.  The capital will have Walls built, and I probably should build walls in Matrix too.  Hopefully I can hurt him as he tries to approach the jungle, as he won't be able to move and shoot, and I'll be able to out-range him.  I also want to build some roads, but my expenses are already bad enough as it is.  Still, getting movement on those hills and across the river would be big.

One thing I'm considering doing is building more War Chariots.  Crazy, I know, but take a look at this the comparison...

Composite Bowman
Cost: 50h
Strength: 7
Ranged Attack: 11

War Chariot
Cost: 37h
Strength: 6
Ranged Attack: 10

I can get 3 WC for every 2 CB.  And if you think of a WC as a bowman with slightly better movement and slightly weaker attack, then the cost looks pretty good.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Every time I hear composite bowman I think of Age of Empires. lol

I need to figure out how to be less broke...

Ichabod: +19gpt
Azza: +23gpt
Me: +3gpt

Expenses are units (11gpt) and buildings (6gpt). Can't really delete units in the middle of a war
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

So Azza has taken up position outside of my culture, and he's just sitting there with a bunch of his units. Does he expect me to advance?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Turn 85

I dont' know what's more sad: that I've not updated in 2 month, or that we've only played 30 turns in those 2 months

I'm pushing religion right now. To what end? I'm not quite sure. But I just picked up the Piety opener for half-price temples & shrines, and that makes my UB incredibly cheap. I also have a Religion, the first in the game, although it took 5 turns being over the religion limit for it to trigger. (And then that extra Faith you accumulated while waiting for the RNG to decide to do you a favor gets wasted. Great mechanic, Firaxis!)

Right now Ichabod is attacking Azza with Keshiks. He invited me into the war and I accepted. But I'm not contributing a bit -- well, I did cancel my deals with Azza for it. I will build National College and National Epic in the upcoming turns. Finally have Civil Service, so we'll get my capital growing as it should be. Ichabod's done it right - he'll probably win this continent before long.

Oh, there isn't a National Wonder limit on a city is there? I can just build them all in my capital if I wanted to, right?

I think I'm going to upgrade my Faith and get Holy Warriors. Because why not?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Right, no National Wonder limit.

I've never used Holy Warriors. Could be interesting.

How much faith do the units cost?

(August 21st, 2013, 01:37)NobleHelium Wrote: How much faith do the units cost?

No idea smile
I imagine it's the same cost as their gold cost but in faith?
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player