As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[spoiler] How Not To Play Civ5, by Azza. Stories of a Siamese Skyrim.

[Image: YxCaCIS.jpg]

Hopefully Matrix doesn't have the strength to kill the central CB. Slightly worried about the western CB, the spear won't kill him but the scout might be able to.

[Image: AkmXrLf.jpg]

Offered a fairly expensive peace deal since I'm not in a good position to take Matrix. But I'm ok with a long war too.

[Image: qGvsqSW.jpg]

Forced to retreat a bit, and out of position as a result. Probably going to lose the Spear.

[Image: DMOvuoK.jpg]

Found a Mayan border.

[Image: XGe8EZB.jpg]

Super-duper crop yield (unaffected by golden age too)

[Image: p8UkIUD.jpg]

Economy.

No screenshots this turn.

Met Serdoa (Mayans), offered a Salt <-> Silver trade.

Pindicator is defending well, so I'm focusing on setting up my army to prevent any attacks on my land rather than trying to push into his.

So what happens now in the war department? Are you going to make another push on the city, in either the near or far future?

I definitely want Matrix at some point if I can take it, possibly with Crossbows, but right now I think my priorities are better suited to acquiring Education (for Wats) and then Chivalry (to defend better against a potential Keshik threat). Also, acquiring The Great Wall would be huge, that thing makes it a pain in the ass to kill AI let alone humans.

[Image: AcIhZIx.jpg]

Just realised I forgot to check how many cities Serdoa has, but a pretty weak crop yield and small land suggests no more than 2.

[Image: ikhCI9j.jpg]

Serdoa has finished the Tradition tree (making his crop yield even worse!), and built the Oracle, The Great Library and built the Mausoleum. Also, he's in the Medieval Era, almost certainly having researched Theology to get there. He has the +1 hammer for cities with at least 3 followers pantheon.

[Image: BPGFpvm.jpg]

The border of conflict.

Met oledavy.

[Image: PxbT5AP.jpg]

He's boring like everyone else going Tradition first. His demos aren't great either.

[Image: jA7gXD1.jpg]

The border setup.

[Image: nllP0PM.jpg]

5 CBs, 2 warriors up further north, with a spearman and another CB are reasonably close.

And lastly my exploring warrior.

[Image: xHOQveR.jpg]

Not shown in the screenshots, but oledavy hasn't met either pindicator or Ichabod, which is a bit of a shock to me (particularly not having met Ichabod). So at this stage I don't believe either Serdoa or oledavy have any idea of the war taking place between myself and pindicator.

I think you have image 3 linked wrong

Should be fixed.