As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Gavagai, Bacchus and Elizabeth Form a Romantic Trio

Bacchus, thanks for keeping this thread going while I was absent. I will take the turn in a moment.
Actually, this Priesthood thing really worries me. According to my sandbox we should have been able to finish it this turn if we were working the lake as we now do. This means that my sandbox is off once again and I have no idea why.

Another puzzling thing is Egypt. The still haven't improved gold, copper and the second cow. Why? Also, I don't understand their GNP: it looks too good given that they have three cities and don't have good commerce tiles.

Well lack of improvements just shows they didn't go settler-worker, but built a bunch of warriors first. Actually, we know they did this.

Remember, GNP shows revenue, not profit, and their revenue per city is 3 before bonuses even without working any commerce yielding tiles.

EDIT: On Priesthood, have you considered that you might have been getting a TechKnownBonus from neighbouring AI?
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(July 5th, 2013, 13:49)Bacchus Wrote: Well lack of improvements just shows they didn't go settler-worker, but built a bunch of warriors first. Actually, we know they did this.

Remember, GNP shows revenue, not profit, and their revenue per city is 3 before bonuses even without working any commerce yielding tiles.

EDIT: On Priesthood, have you considered that you might have been getting a TechKnownBonus from neighbouring AI?

Re: Priesthood - I checked the sandbox once again and it looks like I was wrong about mismatch. I removed a citizen from the lake and put it on grassland forest.
Re: Egypt GNP - They should lose 5 gpt in costs after city #3 but gain 4 culture, 2 city center commerce AND 3 commerce from trade routes. All these give them 4 points increase which we can see on their GNP graph. I forgot about about trade routes initially and that's how I got confused.
Re: Egypt development. Look, they now have less improvements than we do. And this is given that three of our improvements are seafood, our start is by itself slower and my micro was suboptimal. If all our assumptions are correct, than I would say that they have done a terrible job with their start. Which actually makes me suspect that our thinking went astray somewhere. After all, Jester is a Deity player, I can hardly believe that he can straight up screw up the start.

They are very well-roaded (i'm guessing) and they have twice our army, if not more. Also, if you look at their cap lands, you'll see that there isn't much to improve, and they had quite a late BW.

Lurker thread says it all about this game: YAWN.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0203.JPG]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0204.JPG]

Any point in moving the forest guy to the lake? I guess we are trying to maximize overflow into the oracle so probably not.

How did lion hunting go?

(July 6th, 2013, 02:28)Bacchus Wrote: Any point in moving the forest guy to the lake? I guess we are trying to maximize overflow into the oracle so probably not.

How did lion hunting go?

1. We don't need additional commerce as we will be able to finish agri in time anyway and after that techs won't be our bottleneck.

2. Survived with 1.4 health.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0205.JPG]

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0206.JPG]

As you can see, Jester has gold (still unimproved) in a second ring of a city. Also, he connected his copper this turn at last. Ours will be online in two turns.
Worth to move a warrior near the gold? We can hope to scare a worker away and delay the mine for a couple turns more.

Also, a mechanic question for lurkers. With coast fully defogged between our capital and Egypt borders as visible on the first screen, will we get a trade connection with them after we research sailing?