As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Dejá vu. crazyeye

(July 23rd, 2013, 21:13)Krill Wrote: ... and, frankly, don't give a shit about anything any more, ...

Quote:Thoughts marked as "Tragedy" have their happiness penalties reduced based on the dwarf's combat hardness - somebody who "doesn't care about anything anymore" will receive the minimum penalty listed.

cool
"You have been struck down!" - Tales of Dwarf Fortress
---
"moby_harmless seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

turn will roll soon. I finally got the new version of the mod working and I'm just waiting on Lewwyn.. for reasons.

Thank you for your patience.

is the timer going down to 24h after this turn, or what?
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Yes, timer should go to 24 hours on the second turn.

I think we should consider bumping the timer down to 22 hours as is standard since that works out to 24 real-life hours anyway.

(July 25th, 2013, 08:28)scooter Wrote: I think we should consider bumping the timer down to 22 hours as is standard since that works out to 24 real-life hours anyway.

well there are 18 players, which just increases the chance that a shorter timer will just mean more pauses.

(July 25th, 2013, 08:49)Bigger Wrote:
(July 25th, 2013, 08:28)scooter Wrote: I think we should consider bumping the timer down to 22 hours as is standard since that works out to 24 real-life hours anyway.

well there are 18 players, which just increases the chance that a shorter timer will just mean more pauses.

But more people needing to log in slows the timer anyway.

Er, no, the clock stops every time a person logs in, and it lags anyway, so actually the turn will still run slower than in PB8 and PB5, where the turn timers were 22 hours anyway, because of the extra players.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 25th, 2013, 09:10)Krill Wrote: Er, no, the clock stops every time a person logs in, and it lags anyway, so actually the turn will still run slower than in PB8 and PB5, where the turn timers were 22 hours anyway, because of the extra players.

right.

I just meant w/ 18 players theres a bigger chance of real life causing someone to need a pause, maybe the 2 extra hours will alleviate that a bit? not sure.

If it becomes a problem, there's no reason the timer can't be extended.