As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Civ5 New Vegas

No...he's saying that he gets 5 gpt from having the Colossus.

[Image: uak56Xj.png]

We have a friend.
Don't tell anyone.

Calm before the storm.

Swords that are longer. Knights that use bows. It's genius.
Our enemies will regret the day they woke up the beast that is to devour the world.

Once we've satisfied our need for revenge, it's time to start The Great Journey.
Or perhaps the second coming of The Great War. It would be a fitting end for this wicked world.

Selling fresh god whales! Only 8 GPT a turn!

Do you care that the person who stole Petra from you is getting pwned, Jowy?

(September 1st, 2013, 17:52)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Do you care that the person who stole Petra from you is getting pwned, Jowy?

Good. Then I'll nuke the other guy for stealing my chance for revenge.
Speaking of revenge, Serdoa seems to have lost his fighting spirit. Maybe we should relinquish him from his lands rather sooner than later smile

(April 9th, 2013, 09:56)T-hawk Wrote: Really, that doesn't adjust for quick speed? You still get 8 faith from a CS but the pantheon only costs 6, meaning the CS provides the pantheon all by itself. That doesn't happen on normal speed, you need to generate 2 faith of your own on top of the 8, making it much less swingy.

If that's true, then I should be playing my speed games on Quick. Getting Desert Folklore 20 turns earlier and skipping the shrine would be huge.

(April 14th, 2013, 05:53)T-hawk Wrote: Actually, there's an even bigger oversight on quick speed. The value of Great Scientist lightbulbs doesn't adjust either, it's still 8 turns of research. So each bulb gets 50% more technology than normal speed, which is so insanely skewy that quick speed feels like cheating and isn't even legitimate.

(April 14th, 2013, 19:22)SevenSpirits Wrote: Incredible. Yet more obvious mistakes that someone who had played the previous game in the series would not have made.

Another screwed up thing about game speeds is bullying CSs. It still gives the same amount of gold than normal speed, if I remember correctly. But since the gold you need to buy Settlers/workers is reduced, you can get quite a big boost early in the game by doing it (one of the reasons I wanted Immortal difficulty for this game).