As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(August 22nd, 2013, 21:12)NobleHelium Wrote: I really don't think Bacchus should be playing Pitbosses as it stands. retep couldn't play his turn because of Bacchus, and Bacchus can't fix his connection.

Several players were able to log in while Bacchus was in so it is more likely that retep has something in his side that prevents the connection.

this was discussed before... There are multiple players who can't log in when Bacchus is in the game. And multiple players who can. No one can explain it smile

(August 23rd, 2013, 07:30)yuris125 Wrote: this was discussed before... There are multiple players who can't log in when Bacchus is in the game. And multiple players who can. No one can explain it smile

Well, it means Bacchus has a problem with his connection that he plays on.

I guess I don't understand the 7 hour logins more than anything. I guess occasionally forgetting to end turn is one thing, but I don't understand how forgetting to log out even happens.

Are you going to need a pause retep?

(August 23rd, 2013, 09:04)Old Harry Wrote: Are you going to need a pause retep?

(August 22nd, 2013, 20:53)retep Wrote: I have been waiting for 6 hours to play my turn but no luck, so I'll need a pause.

whoever can log on, pls pause smile
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

(August 23rd, 2013, 08:45)scooter Wrote: I guess I don't understand the 7 hour logins more than anything. I guess occasionally forgetting to end turn is one thing, but I don't understand how forgetting to log out even happens.

It's not forgetting to do either thing, it's something else coming up before I ended turn and logged out, then not returning to the computer before going to bed. I haven't quite got civ-checking up there with brushing teeth yet, but am working on it.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

(August 23rd, 2013, 09:40)Bacchus Wrote:
(August 23rd, 2013, 08:45)scooter Wrote: I guess I don't understand the 7 hour logins more than anything. I guess occasionally forgetting to end turn is one thing, but I don't understand how forgetting to log out even happens.

It's not forgetting to do either thing, it's something else coming up before I ended turn and logged out, then not returning to the computer before going to bed. I haven't quite got civ-checking up there with brushing teeth yet, but am working on it.

I just mean that when that happens to me, I log out, close civ, and come back later rather than staying logged in all the time. That's a generally good practice even if you have no connection issues, and it's practically mandatory if you do have issues.

Of course, it all comes from rushing off somewhere in pointless and innattentive haste. As said above, rather than just rely on myself to stop doing this, I set up a script which will throw me out of the server after a period of no more than 2 hours, even if I do forget again.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

I paused for Retep, 2h 33m on the clock.

Play the turn in my break, sorry for the delay.