As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(August 29th, 2013, 09:56)pindicator Wrote: Has anybody come across a problem where they load civ fine, connect to the MP game, select their civ -- all good so far. It goes through the screen 'Transfering Data to Disk' and everything seems peachy. Then the next screen, 'Initializing', it hangs. Does that for a minute and then I get a runtime C++ error and crash to desktop.

Any idea what's causing that? I tried reinstalling RBMod but it still happens

I feel like I got this error once and resolved it with just a computer restart. Did you try that?

I just tried to log in and got that crash too! (As the last person to log in and play successfully... looks around innocently.) So maybe it's something on the server side?

If there's anything weird I did, it's only that I accidentally left myself in the game minimized for 20 minutes after finishing turn, which was the point where you got bounced.

Edit: I confirmed that I'm still getting the runtime error after a restart.

Ok, sounds like a server issue. I sent sunrise a message about it.

Same here.

Just to pile on, I crashed in this fashion loading up non-RBmod PB11 last night.

Same issue.
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

I want to change something in my civ, but I can't log in right now due the tech issue and I have already finished my turn. Can someone pause the game without ending turn for me?

As soon as someone can log in the game, I'm sure they will wink
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

I can't believe you guys broke it frown
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.

Just to add to this: I can't play the turn either.