As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Gavagai, Bacchus and Elizabeth Form a Romantic Trio

(September 17th, 2013, 16:52)Bacchus Wrote: Working a bare grassland is pretty hardcore. Is the grass farm in Croyden really more pressing than the rice farm in Karlyle?

Grassland citizen was whipped away into a granary after this pic had been taken. Farm in Croyden may actually be important. I may need it to grow it to 10 in time.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0117.JPG]

Here is what we can do.
Pros:
1) We will avenge for a chariot which Jowy has killed earlier.
2) We will gain experience and GG points (actually we have only 3 points left towards a GG).
3) We will have to move out this axe to cover workers anyway.
4) We have trade routes with Jowy broken by previous war anyway.

Cons:
1) Will worsen relataions with Jowy which we probably don't want to do. It will suck if he decides, for a example, to send a galley to us to cause trouble. We'll be able to build a trireme, of course, but I don't want to do it.
2) We have important trade deals with Jowy (for health resources). It is possible that he wouldn't want to renew them after the war.

Went ahead and killed the spear. Offered peace. Now I need to earn one more XP point somewhere to earn a great general.

Slowcheetah has built TGL. Well, need to rethink my plans once again. In particular, I'll need to decide whether it worth it to go for Parthenon without TGL.

Peace accepted?
DL: PB12 | Playing: PB13

OK, the Parthenon allows us to start researching Liberalism five turns earlier (T163 vs T168). On the other hand, if we skip the Parthenon, we can have two additional cities.
Tough choice, actually... I may try to go for both, need additional calculations...

I found a way to improve above date to T162 and decided that I will give Parthenon a go. Will be completed at T127. Cities will still happen but they will got delayed.

(September 19th, 2013, 12:22)Bacchus Wrote: Peace accepted?

Jowy hasn't logged in yet.

...and improved even further, to T160.

Hm, this is going to be problematic. SC can do the following: research Music, start a MoM-enhanced GA, generate three or four scientists, research CS, bulb/research Liberalism. By my estimate he should be able to do this by T150 and I have no way to compete with this (unless I completely abandon my plans to attack Egypt). This means, that I would have to give up Liberalism race. But if I give up Liberalism race then the Parthenon is useless and I shouldn't build it. And right now I have no way of knowing if SC going to follow this plan; but I need to make my decision about the Parthenon this turn.