As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

RBP13 IT and Tech Issues Thread

retep, you going to be able to play?
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

The turn roll a few hours ago

Can anyone give me any ideas on what could have changed in my setup to suddenly give me these intermittent connection issues? They occur on caledorn's server as well, I just tested it, so it's something on my end. Essentially, most times I try to connect, the game hangs at "Contacting host...", then pops up a could not connect error.

Then after a while of trying, it just works.

Have you tried all the standard IT solutions? (E.g. restart, uninstall and reinstall the game, disconnect from your ISP and reconnect, etc.)?

Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't really an option, as I have very slow internet that would take longer than a turn to reinstall from Steam. I've pretty much eliminated the issue as being computer related, because it happens when I try to connect using my Surface Pro as well as my desktop.

Tried the usual network troubleshooting as well. If I was guessing, it seems like its a port issue, but I don't understand why its intermittent.

Someone or something on your network is sapping your bandwidth perhaps.

Do you connect to another pitboss game that does not use a mod? When I was playing both PB8 (Rb mod) and PB11 for the few months the games were concurrently running I would have problems logging into PB8 after having been logged in to PB11. It would often fail to load on the first attempt but would almost always succeed on the second try. I never found a solution, I just always had to log back in a second time after getting the message about losing connection to the server.

I didn't get the specific error you're getting though.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I am playing in PB16 but I haven't connected to it in a while - my teammate is the turnplayer.

The save file for the game is growing so if you have generally slow internet it could have just reached a threshold. Is there any way you can speed your connection up?

No, the internet is okay. It does take a while to load, probably 30-40 seconds.

But it doesn't get that far - doesn't even make it to the civ selection screen.

And it doesn't answer why it happens in PB16, which is only just starting.