As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Zanth's thread

Let it be

Note to self:
# of cities (in order of settling 2nd city)
1) Zanth - 6
2) Azza - 4
3) yuri - 7 ?
4) BAII - 6
5) flugauto - 7
6) nakor - 6
7) jowy - 3
8) catwalk - 5
9) slowch - 5
10) Furungy - 4
11) 2metra - 5
12) Sian - 4
Please visit my game: AlaePB1 | PitBoss 17

Final settings:

Quote:Barbarians: On
Starting units: Everyone starts with a scout
Huts: Off
Random Events: Off
Espionage: Passive only (no spies)
Corporations: Off
Vassals: Off
Difficulty: Monarch

Banned things:
War Elephants
Nukes
Blockades
AP resolutions
Statue of Zeus
Cristo Redentor
The Great Lighthouse

Banned civs and leaders:
India
Inca
Pacal
Willem

Pick method: Snake pick

And I am the first to pick. It seems I'd want Fin+ something that would depend from map..

Available Fin leaders:
Darius Fin+Org
Elizabeth Fin+Phi
Hannibal Fin+Cha
Huayna Fin+Ind
Mansa Fin+Spi
Ragnar Fin+Agr
Victoria Fin+Imp
Wang Kon Fin+Pro

1) It's a 12-players game, and as I pick civ last I would probably won't have good choice. So gambling on fast religion or something else should be too risky.
2) Monarch difficulty makes Cha and Org a bit less favorable, though if a game would last long Org would be great (at last I read about it)
3) Atm Elizabeth, Victoria and Huayna seems to be the best, though I'm not sure of synergy of Fin and Phi
4) Huayna seems to be a bit better in vacuum

Any thoughts, ideas, advices?

(December 11th, 2013, 07:17)zanth Wrote: 1) It's a 12-players game, and as I pick civ last I would probably won't have good choice. So gambling on fast religion or something else should be too risky.
2) Monarch difficulty makes Cha and Org a bit less favorable, though if a game would last long Org would be great (at last I read about it)
3) Atm Elizabeth, Victoria and Huayna seems to be the best, though I'm not sure of synergy of Fin and Phi
4) Huayna seems to be a bit better in vacuum

Any thoughts, ideas, advices?

Hard to go wrong with any of those three, but Monarch/toroid will shock you on maintenance...in a vacuum Darius is probably the best leader available. I'm also a big fan of economy trait + expansion trait, so I love Victoria. But you certainly won't be screwing yourself with HC.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Can you explain why "Monarch/toroid will shock you on maintenance" ?

Btw. as there still no screenshots, just in a vacuum: seefood resources gave points to Darius, stone/marble to HC (though I doubt there are starts w/ them visible), lots of hills and forests maybe also points to HC, lots of food to Elizabeth and Victoria. Anything else? Or I'm wrong somewhere

P.S. The earlier one pick civ, the better Mansa is.

(December 11th, 2013, 10:11)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: - the map dimensions = 104x38
- the map size (Large, Huge) = script was large
- the map type (Pangea, Big and Small) = uh...don't specifically remember....i think it was planet_generator_0_68...but it's been a few days
- the number of continents = that would be telling
- how much water = i haven't tested it but circumnav should be possible.
330 tiles per player (including water, etc.) so it's a ~18*18 square

(December 11th, 2013, 09:59)zanth Wrote: Can you explain why "Monarch/toroid will shock you on maintenance" ?

Btw. as there still no screenshots, just in a vacuum: seefood resources gave points to Darius, stone/marble to HC (though I doubt there are starts w/ them visible), lots of hills and forests maybe also points to HC, lots of food to Elizabeth and Victoria. Anything else? Or I'm wrong somewhere

P.S. The earlier one pick civ, the better Mansa is.

I'd suggest rolling a random monarch/toroid and hit the expansion button hard to see exactly what he means. In general, maintenance isn't too punishing on Monarch, but anything above prince on a toroid is going to make expansion decently expensive. It isn't simply a matter of pushing out as many cities as you can as quickly as you can on the toroid, else you'll crash your economy and limp slowly to currency/CoL to bail yourself out. Run a random game with the settings for this game and see how it goes.

Thanks, so you mean that Org would be helpful due to courthouse speed, not civic upkeep?

[Image: vRlyOW3.jpg]

tnx, Brick!

Awesome!
If SIP 11 or 12 forests!
well Fin leader is a must

-wet corn 6-0-1
-plain cows 3-3-1
-2(3) green hills and a plain hill

-BW has a huge priority
-possible settlings: SIP, 1S, 1S1SW; 1S seems more reasonable

so, whom to pick? atm I'm slightly for Darius, it seems I would have coastal cities many enough, HC seems to be well too, Elizabeth is off - mainly cottages, Hannibal would be intresting: we need excess happiness, Victoria seems to be good too due to quick expansion

Yeah toroid + monarch is painful. To confirm, the difficulty will be prince, not monarch.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon