As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[TECH] IT and Tech issues thread

(January 18th, 2014, 11:32)Krill Wrote: novice, you know if you hadn't retreated when you moved the kngiht stack into my land, or you'd moved the slow movers in one turn earlier, you might have gotten AC?

I didn't sim it but I doubt it. Damn three-promo units. Moving in the one movers a turn early could have worked, I suppose.
I have to run.

Thanks for playing all! Although I am very disappointed nobody did opposition analysis. frown I suspect the nuts pace might have in fact hurt things a bit.

Caledorn, awesome hosting is awesome! I don't blame you at all ever!
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

It has been my pleasure to host the game for you guys. smile Let me know if you want more games hosted. My server can handle a lot more than mere 3 Pitbosses.

I'll leave the game running for a day or two more in case anyone wants to log in, and I'll keep the saves around for a while after that too.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Yeah, thanks for hosting, Caledorn.

I paused the game in case somebody wants to take a final look at their game.
The password to my civ is novice.

My plan for this turn was to stage for a hit on Lewwyn starting next turn...
I have to run.

(January 19th, 2014, 10:03)novice Wrote: My plan for this turn was to stage for a hit on Lewwyn starting next turn...

Glad we called it then. lol
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

So I just got a chance to look at the game. My main question now is aimed at Thoth: what techs did you have and what was your breakeven bpt?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I had to log in to check....so I shrined Taoism while I was there. wink

162 bpt/+5gpt with shrine.

Techwise, I was ~6/7 turns from Guilds. I was missing Aesthetics ect and Civil Service but did have all the Monk techs up to Theology plus Philosophy.

password is 'redfred' if anyone wants to take a poke around.
fnord

Yeah...I think I underestimated my position a bit. By the time you got to Guilds I think I'd have had Banking and a couple of turns saving gold, up something like 2.7K beakers just to Music, CS and Banking (the monk techs were irrelevant when comparing positions as I had SP so all relevant civics were unlocked). novice had a minor tech advantage against me if I didn't build wealth but I had nothing stopping me from building it (I didn't have to keep on building military with novice going to tech civics, never mind a potential attack on Lewwyn). I was fairly comfortable that I could play out this position to a win without the knowledge of each players positions, but I do feel more certain about it now.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18