As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 Organizing Thread (RB Mod 34 Civs)

Caledorn has shown a method to host multiple mod games at the same time, so that shouldn't be a problem. That said, the one game I really do want to play in is a 30+ player game...

It's also not only due to the number of players, it's to do with that plus the multiple starting continents.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(February 11th, 2014, 14:18)Krill Wrote: Caledorn has shown a method to host multiple mod games at the same time, so that shouldn't be a problem. That said, the one game I really do want to play in is a 30+ player game...

It's also not only due to the number of players, it's to do with that plus the multiple starting continents.

Do you have a particular flavor in mind for a huge 30+ player game? That sounds both ridiculous and enticing.

Teamer? Objective based? Some kind of crazy limited diplo variant? (i.e., for coalition management, mostly -- definitely not time intensive chat/email stuff).

Edit: Current Player Signups

1. Krill/Novice
2. spacetyrantxenu
3. plako
4. Dhalphir
5. BRickAstley/Mardoc
6. Cyneheard (maybe?)
7. scooter
8. Oxyphenbutazone darrelljs/sunrise089/Ichabod
9. WilliamLP
10. Boldly Going Nowhere
11. Azza
12. Nakor
13. Cheater Hater
14. Qgqqqqq
15. Jowy (but the map will surely be larger than 2 cities pre-war) eastway Bacchus
16. yuris125
17. Catwalk
18. dtay
19. Mardoc (maybe?) Ruff_Hi
20. pindicator (loves it, needs to embrace it)
21. Molach
22. The Black Sword
23. Old Harry
25. Lewwyn
34. Sullla (lurker civ)

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Is no tech brokering and disabled map trading on a 124*124 torusworld-like map crazy enough for you?

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Hmmph, both are too crazy, or more accurately, neither match the kind of game I like. I can see tech trading being useful to reign in runaway civs, but I just don't like it. Maybe the known tech boost in a game with that many civilizations would suffice? And I look at it from the point of view of someone more than likely to be benefiting from ways to catch up in tech. I've just never cared for tech trading game play.

And torusworld, while a good map for this sort of contest from a fairness standpoint, isn't my particular flavor either. I like natural looking maps and torusworld doesn't usually give me that. Now, if someone rolled a torusworld style map and normalized it for appearance without killing the map balance in the process, that could be really good. I think in a giant game there really has to be enough water to enable a lot of naval attack options to spice things up. Without it we'd probably see two or three civs mass troops (HAs) and roll over neighbors early on and then cascade over everyone else they come into contact with. Or maybe that's just from my experience playing on big SP games where it's so much easier to pick off the retarded AIs a few at the time. Anyway, I'm intrigued by the idea (and not involved in any games at the moment! lol ).

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(February 11th, 2014, 16:40)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: Maybe the known tech boost in a game with that many civilizations would suffice?

Known tech boost per civ is smaller in a game with many civilizations. Getting a good known tech discount is probably easier in a small game than in a game with 30 civs.
I have to run.

Ah, Torusworld always needs editing: using the map right out of the generator is batshit insane. Still makes the best randomly generated map though.

Insanity, but I like it. I would play. We should be able to convince Caledorn to host it sooner than PB13 ends. I think maximum randomness would work great in a game like this i.e. just minor edits here and there. I also doubt no one wants to edit map of that size to be even remotely balanced. That is a daunting work.

Ha, I better play so I don't volunteer to edit the map.

Novice, you're probably right but if there is a way to balance tech diffusion to help backwards civs keep up without resorting to tech trading or brokering I think that would be better.

Aim for 34, use all the civs! cool
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

You guys are fucking insane.