As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(March 14th, 2014, 06:49)Old Harry Wrote: b. Does it ruin the map? Commodore - can you remove two civs without unbalancing/causing yourself a load more work?
No-It'll require rejiggering, but not a nightmarish amount.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Do you think we can try a test game with 32 civs + admin? I'm guessing that wouldn't work, but it would be nice if we could save 1 more person that way.

(March 14th, 2014, 08:43)Commodore Wrote:
(March 14th, 2014, 06:49)Old Harry Wrote: b. Does it ruin the map? Commodore - can you remove two civs without unbalancing/causing yourself a load more work?
No-It'll require rejiggering, but not a nightmarish amount.

I'm assuming players would want to keep their current starts, so I guess the plan for this would be to transplant some starting areas to other coordinates, and then truncate the map?
I have to run.

I am happy to team with ruff - I would think we'd probably want HC and England. If we get confirmation that that is the plan, I'll go ahead and join ruffs thread.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

Aw, I'm kind of sad that we'll be losing some civs and missing the "full experience," but if someone wants to defect to Whositania (all glory to Whositania!), you will be welcomed, friend.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

(March 13th, 2014, 17:56)plako Wrote: * 3 files Timer.txt, score.txt, eventlog.txt. I'll write them all to hardcoded place C:\temp (timer contains current turn timer, score is all current scores and eventlog is described below)

Awesome idea! Rather than fork the mod code, I'd greatly prefer bringing this into the main line to keep everything on the same code branch and repository. Can the DLL read definitions from Civilization4.ini ? That would be the right place to put an on/off switch for the logging (default to off if not defined), and make the directory configurable. I'm away for the weekend but can look perhaps Sunday night.

Not necessarily the right place to put this, but if novice wanted to fold his observer tool into the mod at the same time that would give a much less clunky way to watch the game.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(March 14th, 2014, 09:09)novice Wrote: I'm assuming players would want to keep their current starts

I'd rather change starts so as to render your 90 turn micro plan obsolete.

Darrell

I've already coded the timer and Score text file writing. They should only be coming to pitboss host, but I need to test it. Next the event log part, but can do it only a bit later. So I would say no one needs to step out. Example file formats in case someone wants to code some web page above these:

time.txt
Quote:23:57:06
Fri Mar 14 17:54:00 2014

score.txt
Quote:Mehmed II --- 11
Charlemagne --- 11
Kublai Khan --- 11
Montezuma --- 11
Stalin --- 11

I assume the time would be rendered in the local time of the game host. At the risk of feature creep, maybe the webserver portion could handle converting that to a user's local time? Although Civstats handles that with having user logins, which is a whole other level of effort to build out, so maybe it isn't worth it.

Edit: Or would the web service have way of requesting/reading the page requester's local time and doing a conversion on the fly? Again, possibly more trouble than it's worth, but the time element is important in making sure people don't miss turns (even though there's a separate bit of info showing how much time is left).

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon