As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Unless someone is consistently causing issues, I strongly favour being generous with pauses. I'd rather turns taking slightly longer over alienating players due to missed turns. Why change an approach that has worked rather well for the recent PB games?

Hey, Azza, did you bounce off me? When I was in game, it said you were trying to connect for about 5 minutes before I finally decided I should log out.

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

(April 6th, 2014, 22:00)Whosit Wrote: Hey, Azza, did you bounce off me? When I was in game, it said you were trying to connect for about 5 minutes before I finally decided I should log out.

I crashed to desktop first time I tried to connect, then tried a 2nd time and it worked. I don't think the crash was caused by you being in though.

I need lurker help probably up to Friday. I'm travelling and for some reason PB13 works for me, but this game does not. I can connect, but the leader list never shows up. Instructions are in my thread.

(April 7th, 2014, 00:34)plako Wrote: I need lurker help probably up to Friday. I'm travelling and for some reason PB13 works for me, but this game does not. I can connect, but the leader list never shows up. Instructions are in my thread.

This exact error happened to me (literally, I was traveling, got stuck before leader list shows up in pb18, able to connect to pb13 fine). You can look up earlier in the thread for details, I was redirected to even earlier where someone had a similar error. I was told it has something to do with firewall settings, I got around it by creating a phone hotspot / starbucks instead of using hotel internet. I would try any other wifi network you can find since it appears to be security settings specific.
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

My options are very limited. Can't get anything but the hotel internet so I really need someone to make those few moves for me or pause.

I've paused the game, Plako, I take it you've posted your password and orders in your thread? I'll see what I can do about grabbing a lurker for you.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I'll be home in an hourish, I'll play.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Krill recruited me to play for plako, but there was an issue with the instructions, so I repaused the game until word comes from plako.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Just so everyone is aware, I am moving house this weekend. I don't anticipate holding a turn, but it may happen. I will request a pause if I need one, if you don't hear from me just let the turn roll.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?