As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Bacchus (inovative, odd) as Churchill (Chm, Org) of Persia (Agri/Hunt, Apothecary, Immortal)
[Image: Prince-of-Persia.jpg]
Bacchus is one weird dude. He's smart, and innovative, and entertaining, if not particularly awe-inspiring on the fundamentals. Which makes me curious how he'll play this combo, as it is pretty much “the fundamentals”. Solid but uninspiring traits, expensive and flexible traits, pretty decent UU (Rbmod makes Archery much cheaper, remember; people are much more likely to be using Immortal-food), subpar UB. I hope the player makes this pop, though.
Molach (average, droll) as Genghis Khan (Agg, Imp) of Portugal (Fish/Mine, Feitoria, Carrack)
[Image: bandeira_portugal1_destaque.jpg]
Hey! It's the porch-uggles! Paired once more with an Imperialistic leader, so that will be fun. KHAN is an excellent leader in the mod with mildly buffed Imp, Agg that now helps pay for itself and pop borders. Molach is a sharp guy, but PB11 showed a certain passivity he's going to need to combat. I hope he manages it; he's too entertaining to be wasted in neutrality.
AutomatedTeller (midling, charioteer) as Peter (Phi, Exp) of Rome (Fish/Mine, Forum, Praetorian)
[Image: 270px-Colosseum,_Rome.JPG]
AT is a midling veteran showing some slow improvement, and most notable for his love of chariots. He's driving...a weirdly changed strong combination. Peter lost cheap granaries but got cheap markets forums, grocers, and aqueducts in compensation, plus another free Parthenon boost to his GPP. Very strong stuff; he can live in the Great Merchant bulb path/world for a long time. Rome lost a strength from their legions, but gained +50% city attack and a bit better GPP boosting from the forum. Over all, this is a very strong, synergistic combination that should definitely have some fun out there.
Boldly Going Nowhere (pebcac, competent otherwise) as Pericles (Phi, Cre) of Russia (Hunt/Mine, Research Institute, Cossack)
[Image: 110608_russia_tanker_605_ap.jpg]
The third in a row of synergistic combinations is Boldly's, gaining a Phi discount-and-boost to the new Russian university UB. Great scientist points rarely are unwanted, and the Education beeline is a good one here for BNG, who is one of the most underrated veterans in this field. The other elements of this combination are good, Creative still being one of the premier early expansion traits while cossacks are nice in their late era. Exceedingly solid in the end here. thumbsup
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(April 3rd, 2014, 10:25)T-hawk Wrote: I'm not going to confirm or deny anything about Barry. If he's a doppelganger who wants to hide, we'll let him. At least as long as the trolling stays funny. smile

I'm deeply disappointed at you condoning smurfing, even if it is Bob with no ill intentions.

You know it has to be Bob. He hates Ponies. lol

(April 11th, 2014, 21:39)NobleHelium Wrote: You know it has to be Bob. He hates Ponies. lol

I thought so too at first, but then I noticed Barry Lyndon was dedlurking Yell0w (and giving advice on in-game moves) [EDIT: er, in EitB PBeM XXXV - the link is to a spoiler thread for that game, so don't follow it if you're involved] and saw that Bob was definitely spoiled for that game. I also think Barry Lyndon isn't quite Bob's style.

I would actually guess it's Nicolae Carpathia, but that's really just based on one random comment of his, and flimsy at best.

Well I definitely have to agree that smurfing is within Nicolae's character.

(April 12th, 2014, 21:21)RefSteel Wrote:
(April 11th, 2014, 21:39)NobleHelium Wrote: You know it has to be Bob. He hates Ponies. lol

I thought so too at first, but then I noticed Barry Lyndon was dedlurking Yell0w (and giving advice on in-game moves) [EDIT: er, in EitB PBeM XXXV - the link is to a spoiler thread for that game, so don't follow it if you're involved] and saw that Bob was definitely spoiled for that game. I also think Barry Lyndon isn't quite Bob's style.

Given the variation in posting style between "Barry's" posts in XXXV and PB 18, it is possible that there is more than one fist inside the Barry Lyndon sock puppet. I'm currently guessing that Bob and Ellimist share joint custody of the Barry login.

Quote:I would actually guess it's Nicolae Carpathia, but that's really just based on one random comment of his, and flimsy at best.
Definitely a possiblity.

Whoever Barry is, he (one of them) does know at least a bit about FFH MP.
fnord

(April 12th, 2014, 21:21)RefSteel Wrote:

I would actually guess it's Nicolae Carpathia, but that's really just based on one random comment of his, and flimsy at best.

I'm still of the position that Parkin is Barry (or vice versa).
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

Player layout, by the way:

If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Barry mentioned the game log shows a Great Spy born, in 2960 BC. That can't happen, right? Nobody even built the Great Wall yet, right?

So I'm assuming it was the lurker civ - should we post publicly so players aren't confused?

Of course it was the lurker civ. I don't see why you think anyone is confused though?