As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Zanth's thread

About game: I was going to ask why the hell QC still has no Library and then remembered that it was me who insisted on building a worker there.

Checked the game and we are not exactly OK. La is trying to build a pretty late Parthenon, it should work max hammers. Also, our cities are about to go vertical pretty fast with the new infusion of happy and we are not ready for it: we don't have tile improvements for new pop almost everywhere (even disregarding the fact that we will have a new city in a couple of turns). QC is especially bad in this regard. Also, capital: it will need to give up Corn and Cow during the golden age, we need to figure out what to work instead. I suggest we farm three plain tiles and work them during GA, aslo giving up gold to Eq. of Motion. This way capital wouldn't be starving to hard. We need new workers and Free Boundary, at the very least, should be whipping them instead of building catapults.

well. some defence measures should be taken. Though Engineering would be in 3 turns, and a few pikes would grant great defence for the eastern borders (both Slowth and Nakor are there)
Please visit my game: AlaePB1 | PitBoss 17

and Deventer had a revolt.

It's a bit unclear should we raze this city or not

Alphabet is ready, so I can make a review of my opps
Atm Feo is researching, and most advanced techs are: Nationalism, Music, Civil Service, Mashinery

So,
Yuri - can research: Meditation (WHAT?), Aesthetics, Alpha, Paper, Archery (LOL WHAT?), Masonry, Mashinery, Compass -> TOO TECH LOW
Sian -//- : Meditation, CoL, Feo, DR, Aes, Alpha, Paper, Archery (OMG once again), HR, MC, Compass -> TOO TECH LOW (but knows Theo)
Nakor -//- : Priesthood, Meditation, CoL, Feo, Theo, Ae, Alpha, Paper, Compass, Machinery
BAII -//- : Music, Guilds, Monotheism, Alpha, Phi, Paper, Compass, Construction. No constructions, wow
Azza/Gawdsazk -//- : Feo, Theo, CS, Ae, Phi, Compass, Eng. --> Relatively not bad, but still lots of tech below
Slowch -//- L Poly, Feo, CS, Ae, Alpha, Calendat, Phi, MC, Compass
Jowy -//- : Med, Poly, CoL, Alpha, Ae, MC, Compass
Catwalk -//- : Feo, Theo, Constitution, Ae, IW, Alpha, Paper, MC --> Most advanced, but still lows MC w/ forgeries - machinery and Ae-Music and
Flugauto -//- : Poly, Guilds, Ae, Alpha, Phi, Paper, GR, Compass

We lost Taj to Catwalk by two turns. Really, Taj on T141 in a game where everyone is backward? What the fucking fuck. Extremely not happy about this, it was absolutely unexpected. We didn't even think that competition is possible until we researched Alpha and saw Catwalk's ridiculous beeline (Nationalism before MC, really?) and after that it was too late to do something to speed it up.
Also, one thing I'm always particularly mad about is strong rivals, playing a some variant farmer's gambit sitting close to neighbours with much stronger military. It looks like Catwalk is close to Jowy and Nakor; they both have a very high power and yet seem to remain completely oblivious to the fact that Catwalk cared to tech maces only like a couple turns ago.
Really, any kind of intrigue is the last thing I want in this game...

Well, someone traded us some maps and I think that Jowy is fucked (or may be Nakor but I would bet on Jowy). This new development forces us to take action sooner than we expected. And this action will be directed towards Slowcheetah.

Last turn I've met 2metra, so I've met all rivals.
....and know which wars are slowing us at playing...

T155 Steel was discovered due to liberalism.
Cannons, ah, they cannot be flanked till cuirassiers, and most advanced opps lack 2 techs to them.

So, what's next?