As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Logging on ASAP, sorry for delaying the game

Is the connection to the server down again? I can't connect.

(May 26th, 2014, 09:38)HitAnyKey Wrote: Is the connection to the server down again? I can't connect.

Seems to work fine now, at least.
I have to run.

(May 26th, 2014, 10:50)novice Wrote:
(May 26th, 2014, 09:38)HitAnyKey Wrote: Is the connection to the server down again? I can't connect.

Seems to work fine now, at least.

Don't know why, but I'm still getting timed out. Even rebooted my computer.
And can connect to PB20 just fine. It's just this one that times out. frown

You've not copy/pasted and left a space in the address have you?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(May 26th, 2014, 11:46)Krill Wrote: You've not copy/pasted and left a space in the address have you?

Nope. Use the same saved address for both games. Only change the last digit of the IP address. And yes, I made sure I was using the right port for this one.

I'm not exactly useful at this stuff, but I can confirm that the game is up at present.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Maybe you have an orphaned connection hanging, or something. You could try rebooting your computer. If that doesn't help, try asking Caledorn to save and reload the game.
I have to run.

I was just able to at least play the turn with my laptop at my parents house, since I came here for bbq. I'll try again later tonight from home. If that still doesn't work maybe we can see if Caledorn can do a save/reload of the game. I'll post another update later tonight.

now I cannot connect. I can't even ping caledorn.no-ip.org. I tried rebooting and that doesn't help.

I am unsure what to do. I can see http://caledorn.no-ip.org:81/ in the browser, though.

I'm not sure if a reload of the game would help or not - anyone know? I don't have the ability to go play from somewhere else right now.

If there is a lurker who can play for me, please do so. I left instructions in my thread. I hope this is a one-time thing.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya