As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Poll: What should we do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Defend against paratrooper invasion because we're too stalwart to die!
48.15%
13 48.15%
Die a horrible, senseless death, then hear Krill gloat about it!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pitboss 18 Lurker Thread of Infinite Wisdom

Neat, thanks for that Commodore.

So breaking it up into effective continents (ignoring possible polar connections), we have:

Northern Region
(4) Bacchus, Yuri, Automated Teller, Molach
(3) Ichabodarrel, WilliamLP, MYKI
(4) dazedroyalty, Hashoosh, The Black Sword, GermanJoey

Central Region
(1) Dhalpir
(3) Cyneheard, Pindicator, Barry Lyndon
(3) Plako, Xenu, Oxybaii
(2) HAK, Jowy
(2) Wetbandit, Nakor

Southern Region
(3) Mardoc, Azza, Finharry
(4) Cheater Hater, Whosit, dtay, Krovice
(4) Ruff, Queeg, Caledorn, BGN
(1) Lurkers

Which map script was this again?
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

So I took a few minutes and added up all the visible pop for each player.
Red: 20+ pop
Yellow: middling teams
Green: 10 pop or less
"Rings": Holy City holders

Analysis
  • Murderers row is the red bunch in the middle-right
  • BGN has the good fortune of being the leader who doesn't have other leaders around... yet
  • FinHarry will be the first to own their continent, as Azza has sworn mutual death to Mardoc
  • Pin didn't earn 'red' but I'm REALLY rooting for 'barry' to die, and colored it to match
  • Krovice, Jooter and TBS are most likely to catch up to the leaders

t74 raw data below:
Name Pop
Dtay 27
Oxy 26
Fin/Harry 24
BGN 23
Xenu 21
Plako 21

TBS 18
Pindicator 18
Jooter 18
CheaterHater 18
Bacchus 18
AT 18
Yuri 17
Mardoc 17
Ichabarell 17
Willy 16
Cyneheard 15
Azza 15
Whosit 14
Wetbandit 14
Ruff 14
Qgqq 14
Krovice 14
Myki 13
Molach 13
Dhalphir 13
Dazed 13
Hashoosh 12
Caledorn 11

Nakor 10
HitAnyKey 9
Barry 7
Jowy 5

Special mentions for those who aren't among the leaders, but have played better than expected:
[*]Jooter
[*]CheaterHater
[*]Bacchus
[*]Yuri

Excellent work, Ceiliazul. Though it looks like you switched the colour of Azza and Jowy. Also, Pin should be yellow. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Wow Ceil, tell us how you really feel eh? wink I guess little Mr. Azul 4.0 ain't exactly a sleeper?

Honestly, Barry is annoying but only because he's the worst exemplar of his drivers, Bob and Nicolae are prone to martyrdom. Aaaand...now they're not playing?

Pindicator's got a real chance here if he can knock out "Barry" fast and then face Cyneheard. Although the Cyan Head knows how to play this game too; he's pushing some pretty pink dots there.

I like how Plako/Xenu/Ox are all on Murder Island together; strong players all.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Well BGN is in good shape for sure with those neighbors.

Turn 75

Pindicator's army marches onwards into Barry's territory.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5662.JPG]

Another barbarian Spearman appears near Automated Teller. They're cropping up quite frequently now.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5663.JPG]

BGN declared war on Ruff last turn... not sure what that's about, they're on opposite sides of their continent.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5664.JPG]
Lord Parkin

I'm going to laugh if that's actually Nicolae losing to pindicator this early in the game.

Turn 76

Most of HAK's troops seem to have either been killed or retreated from Jowy's land.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5670.JPG]

Molach seems to be retaliating against AutomatedTeller. Though I'm not sure why he didn't decide to stage his forces on the tile 1NE where AT couldn't see him, assuming he's going to move south this turn.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5671.JPG]

Azza sends a Spear onto a hill near underdefended cities of Mardoc, though they still have enforced peace for another 7 turns.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5672.JPG]

Oxy has a pet Lion.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5673.JPG]

Pindicator strikes the motherlode!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5674.JPG]

Things are not looking good for Mr Barry Lyndon.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5675.JPG]
Lord Parkin

(June 17th, 2014, 04:30)Lord Parkin Wrote: Excellent work, Ceiliazul. Though it looks like you switched the colour of Azza and Jowy. Also, Pin should be yellow. smile

Didn't respond to this. Azza was green on purpose. Here's why:

(May 28th, 2014, 18:45)Mardoc Wrote: We, um, wanted to kill Azza anyway, right?

(June 6th, 2014, 20:31)Mardoc Wrote:

rant If I thought there was any way Azza would leave his cities empty, we'd be looking to raze it this turn! But there's no units nearby because I'm covering against barbs instead.

So...do we try again in a couple turns? Or do we celebrate that it's Buddhist and hope he spreads it to all his cities before we start our attack?

5 turns later

(June 12th, 2014, 02:15)Azza Wrote: The western front. The settler being built in No Homers will be claiming the city between the Spanish city and Boo-urns. Can't have Nothing At All being isolated from the rest of my empire.

(June 14th, 2014, 07:57)Mardoc Wrote: And...we probably do have that option!

Odds? 88% at the present moment. Next turn he'll have one more fortify step, and we can promote Combat I: probably better than 90% of victory if he doesn't reinforce.

If he does reinforce, I'm calling it off. But I wouldn't bet that he can.

(June 16th, 2014, 02:31)Azza Wrote: Mardoc razed Nothing At All. I'm going to whip up some axes and spears and fuck him up.

(June 15th, 2014, 11:34)Fintourist Wrote: Mardoc razed Azza's far-reaching western city. I don't dare to dream about a long conflict that leaves both players crippled just yet, but there is some potential... At the very least this is a setback for Azza and it seems probable that his military will be concentrated in the future to his western border..

Azza is in grudge-death mode because he did what Azza does, and once again was given a lesson in overreaching. But more than that, Azza and Mardoc are seagulls fighting over a french fry while FinHarry grow ever stronger... and they are watching.

Oh yeah, Azza should be green.

...I did forget Jowy though. smile