As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

Unfortunately its a desktop (not on WiFi). I did borrow a friends laptop and it exhibited the same issue.

Darrell

I think the issue is ISP related...which kind of fucks things up unless using tethered internet.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Which Verizon wants $20/month for.

Darrell

Three and a half hours to go, but I am observing a benign turn order with someone to keep on the safe side. He hasn't gone yet and I'm about to go to bed. This could well end up causing a delay, for which I apologise.

Hashoosh, this is the fourth consecutive turn you've missed without notice. Is everything okay?
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Parkin is doing a great service here, and MYKI didn't clarify, but if his turn window was only less than 3.5 hours, maybe he deserves the chance to sleep and play if he wants?

(June 25th, 2014, 22:58)WilliamLP Wrote: Parkin is doing a great service here, and MYKI didn't clarify, but if his turn window was only less than 3.5 hours, maybe he deserves the chance to sleep and play if he wants?

I wasn't sure about it, but I figured given the size of the game it's better to (maybe) mildly inconvenience 1 person than 32. Happy to change this approach if the majority prefers though. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I think Hashoosh is missing from PBEM 60 as well, so... he might be MIA? Did we have a plan/rule in place for that?

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

(June 25th, 2014, 23:17)Whosit Wrote: I think Hashoosh is missing from PBEM 60 as well, so... he might be MIA? Did we have a plan/rule in place for that?

I can continue to sub for him temporarily, but we really need a permanent replacement if he doesn't turn up soon.

Unfortunately darrell also needs a replacement currently, and we seem slightly short on available players right now. At least in darrell's case he's still dictating the overall gameplan from turn to turn.
Lord Parkin

I note there's a new 14 player Pitboss just getting started at CivFanatics. Could maybe ask if some of those players are interested in taking over a civ in this game, if we don't get responses from within RB soon?
Lord Parkin