As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Sorry, we don't post on topic!

I like Fishing+Sailing and the new dot map much better, but let's still hold off on teching until we have enough gold for both.

Darrell

(June 26th, 2014, 23:33)darrelljs Wrote: I like Fishing+Sailing and the new dot map much better, but let's still hold off on teching until we have enough gold for both.

Darrell

Yep, will hold at 0% for a few turns yet.
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Oops, just noticed you now have a replacement. Will leave it to you from hereon in, zanth. smile

Turn 84

Founded Gin up north. Workers on their way. Suggest building the Work Boat for the Fish in Pan Galactic to the south (after its Monument), since I think it'll be faster.

Started an Axe in the capital. Whip unhappiness wears off in 6 turns, growth currently in 5.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5839.JPG]

MYKI founded a city down south which interferes with the dotmap a bit. I suggest founding on the plains-hill to the east of Absinthe instead (marked on the map). This is a great location which grabs Sheep, Corn, Wheat and Cow - not to mention being able to share a second Cow with Absinthe! You could alternatively settle 1S and attempt to steal the Pigs from MYKI if you want to be more aggressive, but that loses the Sheep, Wheat and a Cow. Highly recommend the plains hill.

Worker roading the tile 2N-1E of Absinthe, which will hook up either of the proposed city locations.

Axe and Spear on their way to the new city. Chariot can easily come down in an emergency, though it's probably best fogbusting for now.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5840.JPG]

Demographics.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5841.JPG]
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

(June 26th, 2014, 00:54)Lord Parkin Wrote: I also have a proposal regarding your eastern territory. It's exceptionally good land, but the dot you've marked out blocks off three city spots which would be quite excellent. I've marked my proposed alternative below.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5820.JPG]

Holy smokes proposed dot with corn, wheat, both wet, TWO cows and a sheep?? That better than the capital!

(June 27th, 2014, 08:51)Ceiliazul Wrote: Holy smokes proposed dot with corn, wheat, both wet, TWO cows and a sheep?? That better than the capital!

Indeed, that's what caught my eye for the next Settler. smile

zanth - it's possible this turn may have been partially undone because I think the reload was to plako's login, which was partway through me playing darrell's turn. I'll be able to log in again in about 12 hours, or if you log in first yourself feel free to move things according to the T84 notes. smile
Lord Parkin

Well, territory is great, but economy is fucked. E.g. city of Gin was absolutely unnecessary..
But we'll fix it
Please visit my game: AlaePB1 | PitBoss 17

Switched to worker in cap to stop growth and to Library in Vodka: monument w/ library is a waste of hammers, and there's exact 3 chops for it

And the most crazy thing: I've played w/ Myki at AlaePB1 (and one game before) and both times we were neighbours (and engaged in bloody wars) and this time.... huge map 34 civs, only 3 rivals met and... yep, Myki again!

Re-decided and switched to aqueduct in cap, trying to get HG, though chances are poor, but there're 3 forests -> 135 hammers, + overflow from whipping aqueduct. Still, there would be some gold, which we are in great need of.

Turn 85

Played the turn which was undone by the reload, since you were last up. Unfortunately there was just a minute or two on the timer when I logged in (Barry hadn't repaused), and I didn't notice how low it was getting because the timer was obscured by the overlarge scoreboard. I think there were 3 Workers left to move when the turn suddenly flipped on me out of the blue. Sorry about that, very annoyed I didn't catch it. Doesn't seem worth reloading over though.

Workers moved as seemed logical.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5879.JPG]

Started a Barracks in Absinthe. I at least did move the Settler and surrounding Workers.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5880.JPG]

Demographics.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot5881.JPG]
Lord Parkin