As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Zanth's thread

I enjoyed the chat. What's the better translation where we got onions and breastplates? Translations are funny.

For those wondering, the part where I asked for screenshots was from an in game message to Gavagai (or was it Zanth?) while I was subbing for Sian. I like to see carnage and appreciate the pictures guys. thumbsup

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Slowch's territory

His city: good way to spedn GA lol

And log

it seems he deleted lost 2 HA's, so -7 hitters for him
Please visit my game: AlaePB1 | PitBoss 17

Our turn: beginning

In the end:

And logs

Basically, the following has happened. On the previous turn we put most of our forces on a the gold hill 1SW from Nijmegen, leaving a token force in Middleburg (2 cannons and 2 pikes). Slow took the bait and took back Middleburg using knights and at the cost of 4 cats. He positioned the rest of his cats (11 units) in Hetergenesh and put a lot of junk (longbows, spears, an axe) in Nijmegen.
This turn we responded by taking Middleburg yet again, taking Nijmegen and clearing away all the knights he had in vicinity. After that we still had 3 Cuirs unused and used them to attack cats in Heterogenesh. We actually did a pretty stupid mistake: we added our great medic to this attack as we decided out that he will be save there. This assumption was fallacious as he has more knights in Amsterdam who can reach this spot; so we can kiss our medic good bye. On the bright side, next turn we will be able to engage 11 green-healthed Cuirs in this neighborhood. That should be enough to take Heterogenesh and kill most of Slow's reinforcements.

at the end (technically right the beginning of T166

logs

We offered him to capture back his cities; killing his units is much more important now.

Nothing really changed this turn. Slow captured Nijmegen with a lone HA and retreated his army to Amsterdam. We captured Nijmegen back and mostly left our units unmoved to let them heal. It looks like that the frontline has temporeraly stabilized: SC has 9 cats, 8 knights and 5 HAs which he can easily assemble into one stack. We will try to threaten Rotterdam next turn but Slow should be able to hold it if he plays correctly. Really, its too easy for knights to get odds on Cuirs, we need Cavalry to push further.
Also, important international context: 1) BaII has researched MilTrad/Theology; 2) 2metra DOWed Slow and immediately made peace, I presume, to encourage Slow to move all troops to our front. I think we will be currently satisfied with just adding Ritterdam to our posessions and ending this conflict. Actually we offered Slow peace for Rotterdam, though he won't agree to that.

BA2 closed borders, that's a bit catious, though w/ drafting available he doubtfully would be able to do anything

Snd btw, I'm going to a vacation for approximately a week. It seems I would have internet and be able to play, but cannot be sure. Gavagai would watch the game