As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I assume that you guys have contacted both the game admin and informed Caledorn so that we can resume the game ASAP?
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Yes to both, but Caledorn has gone to sleep for a bit. So looks like we miss a day.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Now Furungy is playing. Can someone repause the game?
I have to run.

(July 10th, 2014, 11:39)novice Wrote: Do we have an admin decision on the reload - whether to reload and to what save? It would also be nice to get some sort of explanation as to why a reload is requested/granted.

There has been a wartime turn order violation with some serious consequences. The reload seems justified to me.

Please people, if you're in a war, keep track of whether you're supposed to be playing before or after your opponent, and check the tracker regularly to make sure you're not about to make an illegal move. There have been a heap of wars in this game so far and most folks manage to avoid turn order violations with ease. It only takes a few seconds to check the tracker before you play, and doing so could save a day of playtime for 34 players. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

I would suggest that when someone logs in to pause the game that you log in with something in your name indicating a game issue so other players don't just unpause and play anyway. That way there's a visible disclaimer in case someone doesn't visit the tech thread, or only checks the pitboss portal.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Why would somebody even unpause a paused game without checking to see what it was about?
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?

MYKI went and played, so yet another pause is needed frown

(July 10th, 2014, 17:14)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: I would suggest that when someone logs in to pause the game that you log in with something in your name indicating a game issue so other players don't just unpause and play anyway. That way there's a visible disclaimer in case someone doesn't visit the tech thread, or only checks the pitboss portal.

Good idea. "Game Paused by CHECK TECH THREAD" ought to work.
I have to run.

You don't even need to log in, just try to join with the incorrect password for every single civ.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I paused it with ~3 hours left on the timer (with a hopefully alerting name)--any clue where Caledorn is?