As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(July 27th, 2014, 09:11)Caledorn Wrote: Windows Update was nagging wildly, so I put it to work.

Code:
net stop "windows update"

and do it on your schedule, not your computer's. When Windows Update nags me I put a bullet through the service until I'm ready for downtime.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

I can not connect to server. Because it is too late at my current location I request to pause the game if it will become responsive.

the game is down, furungy.

(July 27th, 2014, 12:53)spacetyrantxenu Wrote:
(July 27th, 2014, 09:11)Caledorn Wrote: Windows Update was nagging wildly, so I put it to work.

Code:
net stop "windows update"

and do it on your schedule, not your computer's. When Windows Update nags me I put a bullet through the service until I'm ready for downtime.

The games are running on a Windows Server 2012 - not a regular Win7/8 desktop machine. Ignoring Windows Update on a server environment is of course possible, but not the best idea (not that it is a good idea on a regular desktop either, but slightly less important than a server environment). But I do it on my own schedule of course (power failures and after thunderstorms are excellent timings since the games are already down in these cases).

I apologise for the delay for getting the games back up though. Obviously Windows Update does not take *this* much time. I was out of the house, and the time went by a bit faster than I expected. I am in the process of getting the games back up now.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Game back up.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Tracker down?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 27th, 2014, 18:17)Krill Wrote: Tracker down?

Works for me?

some links work some don't.

Meh.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I'll look into it tomorrow.

Finished OxyBaII and Jowy's turns.

Turn 110 is up.

However, as long as the tracker is down I suggest those playing in the second half of the timer avoid playing for the moment, since they can't see when their opponent has played.

It would be great if those involved in wars playing in the first half of the timer would PM their opponent when they're done playing. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21