As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(July 29th, 2014, 01:57)Fintourist Wrote: I'm out, so whoever bounced.. Maybe there is something wrong with my firewall, I used to have no issues during the first 100 turns, but now there have been multiple cases.

That was me, problem could be at my end though as I was logging in from work.
I have to run.

Sorry for blocking you, whoever you are. I'm out now.
I have to run.

(July 29th, 2014, 06:34)novice Wrote: Sorry for blocking you, whoever you are. I'm out now.

That was me, but now WilliamLP is blocking me. smile And I need to leave for work, so can't wait.

Jowy, as long as you aren't moving any units around where mine are or attacking me (which I doubt) then feel free to play before me this turn (or let Parkin play when I'm done...since I know you'll be in bed by the time I'm online tonight). Nothing will be changing on my end this turn. smile

Cool.

(July 29th, 2014, 06:34)novice Wrote: Sorry for blocking you, whoever you are. I'm out now.

Me too - but no worries, it happens. I was able to jump in later and play.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Ugh, sorry, I've never really blocked or have been blocked by people in PB before (except Fintourist in PB13) and now I seem to be bouncing off people and bouncing people. So maybe something changed on my end, though I'm not sure what it could be. I'll see if I can find anything that might be different on my end.

Apologies in advance--crazy day at work and won't be able to play till I get home. Normally, not a problem but it may affect my war opponent who is after me in the turn order. I am sending him a PM as well so he has heads up.

Out now, whoever was joining.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I can not play because of turn split with dazedroyalty. So I request to pause the game.

The firewall issue is going to keep getting worse. I'm being blocked by BGN for the last half hour and I have to go to work now. I don't begrudge BGN playing his turn to his satisfaction, it's part of the game, but we're not really even that far into the game and he's not the only one with firewall issues. What happens when the 6-7 players who I can think of who I've seen have firewall issues end up in war turns with each other? There's going to be hours and hours each day where you can't even connect when you're actually ready to play your own turn.

I don't really have a solution to this because I have no idea what's causing the issue. Just something to think about I guess.
mackoti Wrote:SO GAVAGAI WINNED ALOT BUT HE DIDNT HAD ANY PROBLEM?