As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

I've opened ports 2056-2099 and claimed port 2071 for myself.
Hit me up on chat if you want to test.
I have to run.

Claiming port 72 as mine...
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Krill and I did a bit of testing and it doesn't really seem like port forwarding helps (sample size of 2). The clients insist on using nat negotiation.

On the bright side, I think I found a specification for the protocol used in nat negotiation:
http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/MKWii_Netwo...dowifi.net
So it should be possible to implement our own replacement for the missing gamespy server.
I have to run.

(August 2nd, 2014, 07:03)novice Wrote: Krill and I did a bit of testing and it doesn't really seem like port forwarding helps (sample size of 2). The clients insist on using nat negotiation.

On the bright side, I think I found a specification for the protocol used in nat negotiation:
http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/MKWii_Netwo...dowifi.net
So it should be possible to implement our own replacement for the missing gamespy server.

Did you guys try with the available ports I have forwarded in my router (2061 to 2065 that is)?

Great job at finding the specifications for the natneg servers btw!
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

(August 2nd, 2014, 08:24)Caledorn Wrote: Did you guys try with the available ports I have forwarded in my router (2061 to 2065 that is)?

I still don't understand why the host would have to forward the clients' ports, but yeah, we used those ports.
I have to run.

Ruff, I bounced on you twice. Not trying to get in, just doing some bounce-related testing. Sorry to use you as my guinea pig.
I have to run.

(August 2nd, 2014, 13:45)novice Wrote: Ruff, I bounced on you twice. Not trying to get in, just doing some bounce-related testing. Sorry to use you as my guinea pig.

np - seems that only one person can play at a time. FYI for everyone ... feel free to bounce off me any time you want ... I have put the bounce dialog box on permanent ignore.

Edit: And that was with my static IP within my home network and all mentioned ports open to that IP address.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

Whoever bounced, I'm out.

Dang, novice, you snuck in just ahead of me smile
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(August 2nd, 2014, 15:34)pindicator Wrote: Dang, novice, you snuck in just ahead of me smile

I'm out again, go ahead!
I have to run.