As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILER] Smegbeth heads to the terrace for a prawn cocktail and beer

Also from the turn, the capital:

Tech path is Archery>Animal Husbandry, and then either Mining>BW or straight to Writing. I'm thinking BW first, but I need Writing to get the Library down quickly enough...so how i intend to get that library will decide when I get Writing. Not put much thought into the actual timings just yet.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Pin new city and Thoth has size 5 city so I suspect that Thoth has granary due to PRO

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Thoth settled second city this turn, t34. Plako settled last turn. We settle next turn. Saw the first barb warrior. Third city planned for t43. Barbs should be minor annoyance until then. And I found Thoth. Pictures tomorrow. All ahead full to BW then Writing.

A quick turn around, only Joey still to play T35.

The barb ran away and the second city of Star Bug has been founded showing no nearby barbs. All is looking good in the empire.

I've gotten all the MM sorted until T46 for the workers and new cities, I'll post it tomorrow but it essentially boils down to working forests until the chop completes a granary then growing and 2 pop whipping a worker. I still need to work out how to get a library in the capital (now renamed) but I think it's going to be a forced double whip after chopping the last 2 forests the turn Writing comes in. I'm hoping Writing only takes 7 turns to research, but it will be finished before T50, more like T47--T48.

Demographics look awful. Last in MFG and CY and low in GNP. But CY spread is from 23-19 for other 6 players and I'm at 17. Next 10 turns sees 2 hooked food resources and 2 terraces coming online.

Real update tomorrow though.

New world map. Also available in post 4.

Capital was renamed. I intended to grow to size 4 and use hte solitary quechua to act as MP, but I'm concerned about a barb stepping out of the FoW and razing the second city. The average number of cities per player on the continent needs to be 3, that may occur in the next few turns. Plan is to build settler for 2 turns at size 3, grow to size 4 eot T39, whip the settler T40, then plant Blue Midget on T42. Will overflow out 19 hammers. Can use them to finish 2 quechua and have hammers invested into an archer for emergency whip. BW due eot T38, then one turn of saving gold should lead to Writing eot T46. Which is much sooner than I anticipated.

Star Bug had a forest chopped on T37 (turn that is currently being played), granary completes eot T39, work unimproved pig T40, improved on T41, grow to size 2 eot T42, build a worker for 4 turns, and whip T47. Borders will pop eot T49 IIRC, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I thought culture was calculated before production which is why that culture bug exists. Anyway, that worker will be available to improve the cow when the borders expand, then mine the two bare hills.

Staying at slightly lower pop for a few turns rather than growing RD to size 4, and not growing SB to size 4, is because of city maintenance, and lack of good tiles to work at size 3 and 4. Right now, city maintenance is at 2.99, which is truncated to -2gpt. So all this MM does not cause a relatively huge loss in hammers, and will save a small amount of gold.

Worker micro is that W1 is roading the silver and then the grass hill towards Blue Midget, finishing hte roads on T42 so the settler can immediately settle BM. W1 then irrigates teh corn. W2 will finish the pig pasture T41, waste a turn cottaging a plains tile in a production city, then chop/cancel the grass hillforest T43, and then irrigate the corn T44, finishing T45. BM will work the grass forest on T42-44, then pick up the corn T45 and finish the terrace eot T46 with 13 food in the box as both workers will finish chopping the grass hill forest. The terrace will save 10 food on growth to size 2, which is good enough.

The workers are safe from barbs because wolves are no longer being spawned as it is after T25, and the only tile a barb warrior can spawn on is that single fogged tile 4444 of RD. Once the W1 moves onto the forest hill nothing can spawn at all. I think that I made a mistake though. I had the worker on the 1tc tile. That would have ensured that a barb warrior could not have spawned on the interturn on the corn. If no barb turned up, moving out of the fog, then I should have moved the worker to the grass forest hill to road. In fact, a barb couldn't have spawned on said previous turn because the worker had just finished that cottage and was already spawn busting that corn anyway. This would have stopped a barb warrior from possibly spawning at all, at any point.

Oh well, no point crying over spilt milk. Let's see what happens now.

So, T47, Writing should be completed, and I should have 2 workers available to move back to RD to chop out 40 hammers into a library. The chops would land T51 and there would be 2 turns into mines on the roaded hill, and the silver would be mined on T55. So with the gap between the BM settler completing eot T40, Writing eot T46, and chops landing T51 and 19 overflow hammers, I need to figure out what to do with RD...it will still be holding 1 whip unhappy on T46, and can't even grow to size 4 until eot T42 without still being angry. Luckily, if it completes quechua on consequent turns T41 and T42, it would just grow to size 3 eot T41, size 4 eot T43, 12/28 in the food box.

Triple whipping a library would happen T52; double whipping it with the chops happens on the same turn. So really the question isn't when the library gets built but how long to finish the GS?

Note for future reference:

Dumping overflow from RD into a worker T41. Grow T42-4. Worker4 T45-7. Grow @5 eot T49; work mine T51. Build library T51. Whip T52, grow @4 T52. Work 2 scientists T53, grow @5 eot T53. Work 3 scientist T54-9. GS eot T59. Build settler from T57.

W4 mine roaded grassland T48-9, mine silver T50-3. W1, W2 chop T48-51, cottage T52, mine silver T53.

I think star bug's borders pop eot50.

Granary completes eot t39. 10 turns after that is eot t49. T50 borders are then already expanded.

You know that the copper placed right next to a sodding corn tile isn't natural, right?

Not saying it's unwelcome, but still...