As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(June 27th, 2015, 21:02)Krill Wrote: Just reload the damned thing next chance we get...
Handy that I randomly decided to do maintenance without knowing about this.

Anyways, the game has been reloaded to the previous turn, and Krill paused it. smile
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Game is paused, T252, Plako, moloch and dtay still to play; the pause on T253 for OT is not going to be necessary so this is no real loss of time.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Just Plako left to play and then we'll be back on track.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Turn rolled.

Paused with 2:22:22 on the clock for TBS.

-M
Played: FFH PBEM XXVI (Rhoanna) FFH PBEM XXV (Shekinah) FFH PBEM XXX (Flauros) Pitboss 11 (Kublai Rome)
Playing:Pitboss 18 (Ghengis Portugal) PBEM 60 - AI start (Napoleon Inca)

Turn rolled, sorry for the delay, I was just wrecked after football yesterday.

I'm on an old laptop and I think I sorted the hosts file, but I crashed when trying to connect to someone else yesterday, apologies if anyone bounces off me this evening...

While playing my turn the game froze (timer stopped, no unit inputs accepted, etc) but I was able to navigate from city screens, demos, etc. So not a typical failure for me. I logged out/in after a couple of minutes and was greeted with the PB28 civs/players login screen. I had not changed the port number before attempting the second login.

May need a reset?

---

This ~90m window was my only opportunity to play today. If you guys don't want to concede to me
nope
then I'm very likely going to need a pause.

Posting in unified tech thread now for tech support.

I saved and reloaded the game.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Able to log in now, out of time. 12h remain. Someone please pause for me at 1h. Sooner if others still need to play.