As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB27 Signup Thread

Joey, in PB22 I could use a banter thread...

I think a banter thread would be a lot of fun, the problems come in when people try to use it for unofficial diplo, or do so accidentally which raises someone else's ire.

So as long as people try and hold to the 'Don't be a jerk' rule by also saying 'don't use the banter thread seedily', and agree to not get bent out of shape if something is posted there accidentally, it would be okay.

I'd have no issue with that; if you're taking this super-seriously, with 24 other dudes doing a ton of other stupid/brilliant/irrational/lazy/hateful/whimsical things all over the place...you'll go mad.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(July 23rd, 2015, 03:53)The Black Sword Wrote: I don't think I actually signed up here. Anyone care to summarise the settings and I'll make a decision?

Some random points:

-Banter thread? Ceil did a heroic job of lurking PB18 but forum interaction was still very low for the first 100t. Banter thread could be fun. People should make an effort not to use it for diplo but accept that comments will give people information that they wouldn't otherwise have.

-Allow people to swap combos? Only full combos, not individual civs/leaders to max synergy. Personally, I'd like to play Ind, despite it obviously being crap in such a game, since I haven't done so yet.

-Late game turnsplits with air bombing are quite unfair to the person in the first slot IMO. Allow the person in that slot to change city micro and workers after the second person has played.
Basically, I'm fine with all of this. Or Brick fiddling with the random rolls to give you one of the Inds (and Plako not getting Louis again).

I think we'll be using standard map trading rules. Also I think the consensus is on the smaller side tiles per player (none of that crazy 200+ per person madness).
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

All players must play in an FFH duels tournament to determine their placement in a SMEGMod teams game to determine their roles in a WW Role Madness game to determine which other player they will pick a combo for.

(July 23rd, 2015, 09:17)BRickAstley Wrote: All players must play in an FFH duels tournament to determine their placement in a SMEGMod teams game to determine their roles in a WW Role Madness game to determine which other player they will pick a combo for.

Now you're cooking with madness!

Completed: PB 28, PBEM 55, PB 18, PBEM 60, some other stuff, PB 2

It's not impossible to run a snake pick with 25 players. It just takes a week to do it. However, given that starting techs don't really matter any more (or you could say that if you don't start with Fishing you won't get seafood), there's no reason players couldn't start the snakepick before seeing starts.

Personally I don't care much what I play. I don't care if things get tweaked along the lines of someone can get IND or you don't play something you played the in the last three PB (unless you want to, of course).
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Could do FFH style picks? Everyone posts in their thread a tier list of the 3-5 combos they want the most, conflicts you roll a dice to see who gets their first choice and then move down the list.

Might be a bit more complex with unrestricted... though you could do separate ones for leaders and civs?

For 25 players? There are only 34 civs, so the lists would have to be about 15 combinations long.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I'm favorable to random roll with one reroll allowed (maybe only reroll from the rejected picks ?)

RtR is balanced enough for that now