As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Pitboss 18 IT and Tech Issues Thread

(July 23rd, 2015, 14:06)Boldly Going Nowhere Wrote:
(July 23rd, 2015, 13:36)Krill Wrote: I think the lurkers need punishment for their taunting hammer

nod

(July 23rd, 2015, 14:02)dtay Wrote: The New England Patriots support the brave Babylonian assault on the front office.

Wells Report was a sham people!

[Image: deflategate%20ring.jpg]

Thought this called for bringing back the old avatar
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I suppose he could just take peace/cease, yes. Oddly, peace as an option never occurred to me. crazyeye

I have to say, though, this is a much less gratifying outcome IMO. hammerhammerhammerhammer

No peace! Lurker scum must die.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Lurker thread is basically split on this, so I think it comes to the players. Do you care about the purplies in the ice enough to force Babylon to take peace? Or do you just want Krill to promise not to abuse his EP gains through a gentleman's agreement (to, say, weight things so that all of the new stuff goes to someone he doesn't neighbor/have any designs on)?
Erebus in the Balance - a FFH Modmod based around balancing and polishing FFH for streamlined competitive play.

Quote:Or do you just want Krill to promise not to abuse his EP gains through a gentleman's agreement

This seems the easiest to me. I don't see why the lurkers civ need to survive? Do you guys actually want to have to log in every turn, are you using it for anything? From my perspective, it has slowed the game down and it appears to be a responsibility nobody wants.

(July 23rd, 2015, 15:09)The Black Sword Wrote:
Quote:Or do you just want Krill to promise not to abuse his EP gains through a gentleman's agreement

This seems the easiest to me. I don't see why the lurkers civ need to survive? Do you guys actually want to have to log in every turn, are you using it for anything? From my perspective, it has slowed the game down and it appears to be a responsibility nobody wants.

This. If you guys are getting any enjoyment out of the civ, you ought to live (for now). But PYFT. If you don't really care, Krill ought to put you out of your misery. I think it is neat that you're in the game, and I admit that I'd like to be the one to deal the killing blow (jealous of Krill on that front) but really it is up to how much you guys want to get out of it. With so many folks available you ought to never be the last to play.

(July 23rd, 2015, 14:59)Qgqqqqq Wrote: Lurker thread is basically split on this, so I think it comes to the players. Do you care about the purplies in the ice enough to force Babylon to take peace? Or do you just want Krill to promise not to abuse his EP gains through a gentleman's agreement (to, say, weight things so that all of the new stuff goes to someone he doesn't neighbor/have any designs on)?

Is it really that much EP gains? Y'all know that the top civs have gold+beaker+hammer+ep incomes close to like 15k per turn now, right? Possibly even beyond that. IIRC the total GNP of the lurker civ was something like ~500 per turn or something like that... really just a drop in the bucket at this point. There are random events that would have a much bigger effect on the game's outcome and some civs have even gotten some of them. I don't know exactly when or how this game will end, but, especially considering the city will stew in revolt for 4-5 turns, I doubt Krill will even make a positive return on all the hammers he's already spent on taking the city.

I also agree that the lurker civ has been slowing the game down; they've been last to play pretty often just in the last month.

I had asked someone to play last week, for what it's worth. I hardly think turn pace is being annihilated by the existence of this civ, as every turn gets paused or goes to the end of the timer anyway. Just don't pause for the lurker civ if no one plays on a given turn.

And yes I still see value in the lurker Civ remaining. I don't know what we will or won't see, that's kind of why we have access via our espionage visibility. You guys don't necessarily report everything that's interesting so why lose access when there isn't much reason for it?

And I did offer a cease fire for a reason, that will bounce the units out of culture so they won't be trapped the same as peace will. I didn't offer peace because a cease fire is more flexible, in case of future necessity.

One last thing, I'm going to be out of town with no access to the game through Monday, effective tonight. Need some other lurker to play turns and post about interesting things, if any, until I'm back. But not Dreylin, because every sub job he takes on ends up with a trip to the morgue. :P

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

(July 23rd, 2015, 17:01)spacetyrantxenu Wrote: One last thing, I'm going to be out of town with no access to the game through Monday, effective tonight. Need some other lurker to play turns and post about interesting things, if any, until I'm back. But not Dreylin, because every sub job he takes on ends up with a trip to the morgue. :P

Aw, but I was looking forward to 15mins of logging in just to hit enter! tongue

So if Xenu isn't there, he can't reload the turn right?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18