As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB27 Signup Thread

Still in.

Random + re-rolls suits me fine, and my vote is for 3.0.0.1 if that's still undecided.

Also still open to having a teammate. Latecomers, here's your chance!

Once everyone confirms I'll roll the first list of leader/civ pairings.

Though logistically we're in no hurry, since some of the players are still involved in 18/22 which should be ending before too much longer.

Yeah as a non-contender in both of those games, I don't want this to start until they're over, so heaven knows how TBS feels...
Fear cuts deeper than swords.

I think I'll sit this one out. Don't worry, it's not the leader method wink. I'd just prefer a smaller game right now.

Just thinking it over, will let you know soon.

(July 24th, 2015, 13:36)The Black Sword Wrote: I think I'll sit this one out. Don't worry, it's not the leader method wink. I'd just prefer a smaller game right now.

Right on, that makes sense given your situation. You should still dedlurk someone in this game though. smile

OH: np, take your time.

Novice/Old Harry/Fintourist/TheBlackSword team up incoming.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Yes I'm still in.
Note I've got a road-trip (with laptop) first half of August. I'll be able to play turns once a day, but forum type stuff will probably be about once a day too.

Pick method doesn't really matter to me. Random is as good as anything else. Random plus rerolls to get rid of philo leaders is even better.

Still considering whether to join and I haven't even read the settings that currently are selected / popular. But here are still couple of points though:

1. I would not haste with leader rolls. Everyone is eager about it, but it's better to first finish settings / mod discussions. The mod used in pb18 was still being altered when the first combos came out, which was suboptimal.
2. Not being able to trade maps made the first 150 turns of pb18 a lot more interesting than it otherwise would have been. I strongly recommend the same approach here.
3. If we want a bigger game a minor marketing round e.g. at CFC or german community could be a thing.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Random forces players to try different mode of play, while selection reveals preference.

Usually ppl like Random b/c they don't want everyone picking the 'best' choice .... but the idea is that in RtR it won't matter because all choices are good.

If all choices are equal should their not be freedom of choice? Or is the assumption that people will still 'think' there are optimal forms of play, and when, say, America wins ... ppl will slowly begin to believe that RtR truly is balanced? And that, with random rolls, it is the only way to get people out of their comfort zones in the first place? (to truly prove the balance of RtR)