As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB27 Signup Thread

Also this thread should be moved to the subforum

(August 10th, 2015, 17:08)Commodore Wrote: Oh good grief. So September...

Well, we always said that this game would start as soon as PB18 ended. IIRC the goal was to have y'all playing turns within a week of PB18 ended.

[Image: vader.jpg]
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(July 24th, 2015, 12:37)Ichabod Wrote: I think sign-ups stand as follow as of now:

* = confirmed interest

1. *Commodore
2. *Krill
3. Yuri
4. *AdreinIer
5. R.E.M.
6. *Dtay
7. Donovan Zoi
8. OldFinHarryTours
9. *TBS
10. *Gavagai
11. *Ichabod + RETEP THE GAME ENDER
12. *Serdoa
13. *Molach
14. Automated Teller
15. *HAK(and Mindy!)
16. *Grimace
17. *CheaterHater
18. Elkad
19. TheWannabe
20. Agent427
21. *Haram
22. *NylesStandish
23. *von Adlercreutz + taotao
24. *Barteq
25. *Plako
26. *Tasunke

Is this the most recent list? I need something definite before I can give you all combos....

oh - I guess I'm still signed up for this. Sure, what the heck. I managed to finish top 10 in the other game, based entirely on the not being near krill, I'm sure.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Recount: I think sign-ups stand as follow as of now:

* = confirmed interest
  1. *Commodore
  2. *Krill
  3. *AdreinIer
  4. *R.E.M.
  5. *Dtay
  6. *Borsche
  7. *Gavagai
  8. *Ichabod + RETEP THE GAME ENDER
  9. *Serdoa
  10. *Molach
  11. *Automated Teller
  12. *HAK(and Mindy!)
  13. *Grimace
  14. *CheaterHater
  15. *Elkad
  16. *TheWannabe
  17. *NylesStandish
  18. *von Adlercreutz + taotao
  19. *Barteq
  20. *Plako
  21. *Tasunke
  22. *Yuri
  23. *Donovan Zoi
  24. OldFinHarryTours

So that's 23 confirmed, would like a decision from the elements of the OldFinHarryTours group if they'd be up for this game or not.

Rule suggestions:
* No free gifting/selling of cities, Great Persons or units
* No active diplomacy of any kind. Only trading. I.e. Don't send any coded messages or try to intrepret them.

I could actually try to code a new setting "No city trading" that could remove the city listing from the diplo window.

(August 10th, 2015, 22:00)BRickAstley Wrote: So that's 23 confirmed, would like a decision from the elements of the OldFinHarryTours group if they'd be up for this game or not.

At least personally I would need to wait for PB18 to finish before deciding. I don't know if OH would be willing to play solo in any case?

Have/will you Brick be(en) responsible for randoming starts and combos? After the latest revelations of PB18 I'm afraid of GJ continuing his personal vendetta and prospect of committing for a long game that is directly designed for us to have a bad time is pretty discouraging.
Finished:
PBEM 45G, PB 13, PB 18, PB 38 & PB 49

Top 3 favorite turns: 
#1, #2, #3

Why not selling units? Was there any problem with this ever?
Also, coding "No city trading" option seems like a good idea.

(August 11th, 2015, 00:02)plako Wrote: Rule suggestions:
* No free gifting/selling of cities, Great Persons or units
* No active diplomacy of any kind. Only trading. I.e. Don't send any coded messages or try to intrepret them.

How does people feel about this?
Personally I'd be up for not having any cities in the trade screen at least and no sums of gold to be interpreted as certain turns. However, I'd like it to be a clear decision on what's allowed, as people bending the rules otherwise would gain a clear benefit. I guess we could allow (unnecessary) health for health or metal for metal to signal friendship or alliances (but not certain cities!) simply because it could be hard to draw the line on when such a deal is no longer motivated, but if people want to cut that as well, it's definitely fine by me.
Played in PB27