As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

PB27 Signup Thread

Important Notice:

After talking with German Joey, I had a misconception about some of the map details. Because of that, I think it would be fun and acceptable to turn barbarians on.

Also because of that, huts are now not just a goodies for the first person who gets them, and also because of hut techs being limited to only first row techs, I would also propose to turn huts on.

The reason I'm stating them like this instead of just making it law is since picks have already gone out, I know that this change can influence your picks. So since that is the case, I'm saying this tentatively, and if you have any major objections go ahead and state them. If there aren't any, I'll go ahead and change the rules post.

I don't care either way, barb animals got nerfed, but please for love of god if any of my fellow players randomly lose cities to barbs you lose all voting rights to game setting for the next two years.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Well, your title got you a click, Krill. Hopped out confused.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Don't worry there is fuck all useful in there.

EDIT: I'd appreciate the link to Zaks scriptmonkey script to red out hte necessary threads.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(August 12th, 2015, 17:25)Krill Wrote: Don't worry there is fuck all useful in there.

EDIT: I'd appreciate the link to Zaks scriptmonkey script to red out hte necessary threads.

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=4088

i suppose if i was overlooked in set up i wont mind withdrawng

You got Pacal of Persia.

(August 12th, 2015, 18:08)DaveV Wrote:
(August 12th, 2015, 17:25)Krill Wrote: Don't worry there is fuck all useful in there.

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=4088

Cheers.

What is tech scaling? Does it mean that techs get 10% more expensive once you research education?

I'm fine with adding barbs and huts.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

OK, I'll explain.

IN 2.X versions of RtR, the base tech cost was increased in steps of 25% up to 100% increase starting at the start of the Ren era (Education, Nationalims, PP, and Gunpowder). In 3.X, the increase starts at the same point, and increases in steps of 10% up to a maximum of 40%. This is because the tech cost scaling as described here ins implemented and hte tl;dr is that the ren and later techs cost about 90% of what they did before and the earlier era techs didn't increase in cost quite as harder.

I intend to create a spread sheet to highlight differences later. Or appropriate what Seven did a year or so ago to explain it, anyway.