As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Civ6 PBEM4 Organizing Thread

Kaiser was nice to include me into rolling civilizations for you all. I did Naval roll, while Kaiser did Power and Other rolls.
Also I am allowed to post result, so here they are!

CFC Jesterfool                              Spain, Rome, India

Singaboy                                     Germany, Arabia, Pericles

Woden                                        Brazil, Aztec, Kongo

Japper007                                   Norway, Russia, USA

OleDavey                                    Japan, China, France

The Archduke                              England, Gorgo, Egypt

Thanks Kaiser and Alhambram!

Thanks Kaiser/Alhambram!

I think the earliest we can get Sullla to start rolling maps for us is the 7th, since CFCJesterfool is about to go on vacation and we're going to wait and see if a patch drops. In the interim, are there any house rules we want to adopt this game re: DoFs, City Ceding, etc?

(June 29th, 2017, 13:17)oledavy Wrote: Thanks Kaiser/Alhambram!

I think the earliest we can get Sullla to start rolling maps for us is the 7th, since CFCJesterfool is about to go on vacation and we're going to wait and see if a patch drops. In the interim, are there any house rules we want to adopt this game re: DoFs, City Ceding, etc?

As for city ceding...

Did Timmy827's adventure 4 answer the need for a city ceding rule?
Quote:From Timmy827 Adv 4:
"Ceding seems like a never-do choice now; regardless of whether they cede or not the occupation (no growth/heavy penalty on all other yields) goes away when peace signed.  And ceding gets another round of warmonger penalties!   With that, taking only -6 per city in Medieval (and sometimes less for the small ones), and it fading by 1/turn, it does seem tractable to do some conquering without fatally damaging relations with AI. " 

I figured I better put it behind a spoiler since I don't know if it is a spoiler. Related to all PBEM games where this discussion has happened. Look if you want. The answer is in a public thread, I just don't know if it is a spoiler.

As for DoF, I think there is enough cost-benefits to it that I think we don't need a rule and with a diplo thread, we might see less of them.

Do we need a rule "No Nukes"? With this being a water map, it might last longer than other PBEMs and we might get to that point. I just don't like the idea of destroying a whole city with a nuke, especially if you are on the receiving end.

As for the timeline, I am fine waiting until after next week to roll maps. The is still some uncertainty with when the next patch comes out and with the holiday next week, it only compounds it. Firaxis still hasn't begun daily updates to their QA builds yet and they tend to do daily updates for a couple of weeks. If we see a First Look video next week (Thursday), then the patch will come out the following Tuesday(?), if not, maybe the following week. Only they truly know and haven't indicated anything about timelines.

EDIT: Figure I would add the sources for anybody interested:
There is a 2500+ post thread over at CivFanatics discussing the next DLC: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/d...ad.613088/
You can see the QA builds under depots at SteamDB: https://steamdb.info/app/289070/depots/

(June 29th, 2017, 13:44)Woden Wrote:
(June 29th, 2017, 13:17)oledavy Wrote: Thanks Kaiser/Alhambram!

As for city ceding...

Did Timmy827's adventure 4 answer the need for a city ceding rule?
Quote:From Timmy827 Adv 4:
"Ceding seems like a never-do choice now; regardless of whether they cede or not the occupation (no growth/heavy penalty on all other yields) goes away when peace signed.  And ceding gets another round of warmonger penalties!   With that, taking only -6 per city in Medieval (and sometimes less for the small ones), and it fading by 1/turn, it does seem tractable to do some conquering without fatally damaging relations with AI. " 

I figured I better put it behind a spoiler since I don't know if it is a spoiler. Related to all PBEM games where this discussion has happened. Look if you want. The answer is in a public thread, I just don't know if it is a spoiler.

As for DoF, I think there is enough cost-benefits to it that I think we don't need a rule and with a diplo thread, we might see less of them.

Do we need a rule "No Nukes"? With this being a water map, it might last longer than other PBEMs and we might get to that point. I just don't like the idea of destroying a whole city with a nuke, especially if you are on the receiving end.

Oh wow. I can say I learned something today. 

That does rule out the need for a city ceding rule. 

Seriously though, that has been floating around the forums for over 2 months and nobody brought it to our attention in PBEM2?  crazyeye That would have been extremely handy to know. 

I agree with you that DoF's include enough cost-benefits to make them okay in games, I think PBEM2 has done a good job showcasing that. 

Let's actually have a game that gets to nukes before we decide they're OP. They're extremely expensive, costly to maintain, and have to be deployed close to the front to fire from a silo (Not the mention The Manhattan Project and Operation Ivy are absurdly expensive). With this in mind, I think it would be pre-emptive to ban them.

Thanks Kaiser and Alhambram for rolling and getting me Germany again smile

Is there a deadline for choosing one's civ?

Anyway, I think I have a rule in mind: During peace, due to 1upt, it is possible to purposely occupy tiles so that the other player can't move/work those tiles. I think this should be banned. It would be fine during war, but not during peace. What do you all think?

(June 29th, 2017, 16:32)Singaboy Wrote: Anyway, I think I have a rule in mind: During peace, due to 1upt, it is possible to purposely occupy tiles so that the other player can't move/work those tiles. I think this should be banned. It would be fine during war, but not during peace. What do you all think?

I think this is self-enforcing to a degree. 

First off, intent could potentially be difficult to suss out, and I'd rather not have people arguing over whether or not their unit was intentionally blocking or not. 

Second, if they won't move, declaring war works. 

If you DoF'd them and they won't move, that's just one of the opportunity costs for signing a DoF with someone, and I bet you don't sign another with them. 

Do others have thoughts on this?

(June 29th, 2017, 16:32)Singaboy Wrote: Thanks Kaiser and Alhambram for rolling and getting me Germany again smile

Oh god, you going to give it another go?  lol Or are you tired of Hansas at this point?

(June 29th, 2017, 16:32)Singaboy Wrote: Is there a deadline for choosing one's civ?

Japper007 said he is on vacation next week (M-F), so do we want to give it until Sunday, July 9th? Is that enough time?
Then Sullla can start rolling maps and we start when he has found one?

(June 29th, 2017, 16:32)Singaboy Wrote: Anyway, I think I have a rule in mind: During peace, due to 1upt, it is possible to purposely occupy tiles so that the other player can't move/work those tiles. I think this should be banned. It would be fine during war, but not during peace. What do you all think?

I think this is where the diplomacy thread might work a little better than DoF and you can sign a NAP for shorter durations and if someone does this you can DoW.

Also, is about time to request this be moved to the PBEM forum?