As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Brexit Political Discussion Thread

And looks like there will be a GE - not sure when (12/11 seems to be the most likely outcome?).

Wait to see what amendments go up. If SNP/LD/Labour coalesce around the votes for 16/17 year olds and EU nationals then all bets are off. Some MPs don't even see how this could be done. Decent chance that Boris would go straight to the VONC.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Labour supports the 16 year old vote. GAME OVER; even if the amendment doesn't get over the finish line in the commons it will in the House of Lords who will stall it for 6 months. A Different Bias totally called this.

Lindsay Hoyle's shenanigans will cause salt but sadly Labour still has access to the Lords.

Can Corbyn can campaign as well now as he did in 2017?

Also, I don't see how Johnson can campaign on anything but his deal, which would prevent any cooperation with the Brexit party. Farage's last tweet is "The Europhiles are back" in reference to the Tories who ahve been given the whip back by Johnson. If he was going to campaign on no-deal Johnson wouldn't re-admit MPs who were kicked out of the party for opposing No Deal.

Even 5-10% voting for the Brexit Party can really screw things up for the Tories, and that's a pretty low estimate.

Lib Dems could bleed off even more votes. Also Brexit bleeds off CON-LAB in a 3:1 ratio so you divide by 2. I think the election is a tossup.

I wonder if this election will be won by the leader who makes the least gaffes.

Also, will the SNP gain seats? They could be a very, very large stumbling block if SNP+LD stop Labour getting a majority as both are campaigning on a hard remain and a Labour minority government is campaigning on a referendum and remain.

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(October 29th, 2019, 16:35)Krill Wrote: I wonder if this election will be won by the leader who makes the least gaffes.

Also, will the SNP gain seats? They could be a very, very large stumbling block if SNP+LD stop Labour getting a majority as both are campaigning on a hard remain and a Labour minority government is campaigning on a referendum and remain.

What happens if LD finish second? Corbyn would almost certainly be gone. Swinson PM with a Lab/SNP coalition to Remain?

(October 29th, 2019, 10:14)MJW (ya that one) Wrote: Labour supports the 16 year old vote. GAME OVER; even if the amendment doesn't get over the finish line in the commons it will in the House of Lords who will stall it for 6 months. A Different Bias totally called this.

If Lords stalls this Commons will end the Lords' ability to do anything. Rightfully so, even if I agree with the idea of extending the franchise.

(October 29th, 2019, 16:48)Cyneheard Wrote:
(October 29th, 2019, 16:35)Krill Wrote: I wonder if this election will be won by the leader who makes the least gaffes.

What happens if LD finish second? Corbyn would almost certainly be gone. Swinson PM with a Lab/SNP coalition to Remain?

Not happening. LD might even lose seats this election.

The only way something approaching this is happens is if Brexit party vote eats so many Tory votes and some labour voters jump to LD due to definite remain, and even then...