As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[SPOILERS]yuris125 looking for inspiration in Pitboss 73

Oxy offered to send me ivory for free. I'm confused, why would he do that? Does he think it will stop me from attacking him?

I see no reason not to accept tbh, it will help me with the whipping. I don't think accepting it comes with any kind of NAP obligations?

Oh, there was a follow-up offer with him asking for my corn. Assume he meant an actual trade and not a gift for the first offer, so I accepted both

First cataphract is out (well, whipped this turn, ready to move next turn)

Scooter's city is is not where I thought it was. Moving my small stack through the jungle along the river, ready to dip across the river at the first sign of danger. Mostly just trying to confirm that he has Construction

Sorry for no pics, setting up a new PC and didn't sort out image hosting yet

So one of the upgrades with the new PC was finally moving to a 1440p monitor. Which is big and all, but now I don't know how suitable full screen screenshots are for the forums. Is this readable at all?

So I thought the tile E of my stack was Scooter's city, because of the border shape and because it looked like a tile which was originally jungled. It isn't, and checking Scooter's start, this tile is 2N of his probable 2nd city location, so likely wasn't even a legal city spot. The border shape is created due to his 2nd city having the 3rd ring

This does make an attack on Scooter a true logistical nightmare. Jungle takes away any possibility of a surprise factor, and the river around Connor means that any fork I can create would mean attacking Connor, a hill city, across river. Also, looks like Connor gained 3rd ring by now as well - that's fast, it only had the 1st ring when I looked at it 14 turns ago! And also, if he does have construction, any stack in a forking position would also be an excellent target for catapults + war elephants to kill off

If Scooter continues not reacting to my stack, I will have to sacrifice a warrior to peek into his 2nd city (my stack is spear + axe + warrior) - just move it and delete. But the more I learn of the situation, the less likely it looks that an attack on him would be successful. He's too well-prepared, and slowed me down too much

That's exactly what the screenshot tag is for, you can put any size in it, it will get constrained to 800-wide at first to not screw up the page layout, and you can click on it to toggle to full size. It's fine for me.

No issues with the size here either, the details are clear before expanding and the text is readable after. The only screenshots I have to open in a separate window to see enough detail of are Krill's super wide screenshots, but can't really complain there either.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

Did you get an ultrawide monitor? They are the bomb. 3440x1440, 34 inch wide is fantastic for my productivity.

(August 28th, 2023, 11:23)Tarkeel Wrote: No issues with the size here either, the details are clear before expanding and the text is readable after. The only screenshots I have to open in a separate window to see enough detail of are Krill's super wide screenshots, but can't really complain there either.

dancing

I looked at ultrawide options, but in the end felt that sticking with a dual monitor setup I'm used to would work better for me

...Who said you can't have ultrawide and a dual monitor set up? 28 inch 4K and 34 inch ultrawide are the same height as well.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Since this is sufficiently derailed.. I'm using twin Samsung 23.6", which are almost 15 years old now (I had to check the exact dimension in the order). One of them broke down some 10 years ago, and I was actually unable to use my PC with only one monitor; I'd gotten so used to the setup. At work I have a ultrawide which took some getting used to. Most likely getting an ultrawide when my current setup needs replacing.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data