As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

Season 3 World Championships

World Championships start today! Let's get hyped!

Here's the schedule of matches from Leaguepedia. Cloth5 did a pretty good write-up of all the teams and how they like to play. You can find them as previews at this page.

Today's big game is OMG vs SKTT1 (16:00 PDT). Both of these teams are favorites for the overall championship.

Other interesting games today:
TSM vs. OMG - can TSM beat an Asian team? (answer: probably not)
SG Ozone vs Vulcun - can Vulcun beat an Asian team? (answer: possibly)
Gambit vs SG Ozone - is Gambit still world class? (answer: Edward was very good)

10 minutes till first match (gaming gear v tsm). Also, sullla has a 50min video on his channel about what he thinks about the teams in the tournament if you are interested.
Surprise! Turns out I'm a girl!

Sorry, it was just the countdown to the pregame show. False alarm.

First game over.

SKT T1 looks pretty much amazing, even given the shaky start.

(September 15th, 2013, 16:26)Sir Bruce Wrote: SKT T1 looks pretty much amazing, even given the shaky start.

Yeah, but I really felt lemondogs deserved to win that one. They had a great early game in the duo lane, but just died due to faker being too good.

The Korean pick up comps remind me of clan wars in RuneScape. The main strategy was to call a target on an audio program and jump on him instantly as the call was made, bursting the target to zero before he has time to react and counter play. I remember listening to TSM teamspeak back in S1 and wondering how primitive the teamwork seemed to be compared to what I had experienced in RuneScape, and it's interesting to me how the meta game has evolved to a direction I way back then thought it should.

Regi's Fizz is somewhat underwhelming.

TSM are fucking useless. They were throwing worse than Dignitas ever have.

OMG don't seem that good either though. Maybe Lemondogs will get through?
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

I missed the TSM v OMG match, what happened?