Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[TECH] Unified announcement thread for Pitbosses/NatNeg Server hosted by Caledorn

I connected to PB21 and it is fine. Civstats is probably reporting the timer wrong just because the game is paused while we look for a replacement for suttree.

Can't connect to PB22.

(October 22nd, 2014, 11:38)GermanJojo Wrote: I connected to PB21 and it is fine. Civstats is probably reporting the timer wrong just because the game is paused while we look for a replacement for suttree.

Ah, it's paused! That explains. Can you please unpause it for like 10 seconds and then repause it? The Pitboss window does not have the timer at all, so that's why Civstats has it wrong. smile Maybe unpausing it fixes the issue.
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

I need some feedback/ideas from people here. Gagavai is unable to connect to the games running from port 2057 and upwards. He can connect to the Pitboss Portal for PB18, and he can connect to the ISDG on port 2056. If he tries to connect to the other Pitbosses the green slider just moves and moves, and eventually he receives a cannot connect error.

With this new server, we are running the games outside of a NAT environment, on a dedicated IP address, so it should actually be less issues connecting to the games now than how it used to be when I ran them on my home server with a firewall in between that NAT'ed the games to the server. I have no problems connecting to the games myself, and I haven't heard anyone else complaining about connectivity issues either.

I even went so far as to disable the Firewall on the new Pitboss server entirely for a few seconds to let Gagavai attempt to connect then, and still he was unable to connect. I suspect the issue lies with him, since noone else is reporting any issues, and he is able to connect to both port 80 and 2056 - but I have no idea where to even begin to suggest what to do, as he tells me he hasn't done any changes to his setup, and he didn't have any issues connecting to the games on the "old" server. Can anyone help me out here with suggestions please?
As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master. - Commissioner Pravin Lal, "U.N. Declaration of Rights"

Is Gavagai using a forward proxy to access the internet? Are there any outgoing port restrictions in his windows firewall, antivirus, or router setup?
I have to run.

(October 22nd, 2014, 13:48)novice Wrote: Is Gavagai using a forward proxy to access the internet? Are there any outgoing port restrictions in his windows firewall, antivirus, or router setup?

I would be glad to answer but I will need a lot of googling to fully undersand the question. Let's say that I use a router ASUS WL-520GU and as far as I know there is nothing more unusual about my internet connection.

(October 22nd, 2014, 13:52)Gavagai Wrote:
(October 22nd, 2014, 13:48)novice Wrote: Is Gavagai using a forward proxy to access the internet? Are there any outgoing port restrictions in his windows firewall, antivirus, or router setup?

I would be glad to answer but I will need a lot of googling to fully undersand the question. Let's say that I use a router ASUS WL-520GU and as far as I know there is nothing more unusual about my internet connection.

Ok, two things you can try: disable any antivirus software you may have running. And turn off your firewall, see http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000551.htm

Then try connecting and see if it helped.
I have to run.

Also I use Microsoft Security Essentials and an Anti-Virus.

(October 22nd, 2014, 14:04)novice Wrote:
(October 22nd, 2014, 13:52)Gavagai Wrote:

Ok, two things you can try: disable any antivirus software you may have running. And turn off your firewall, see http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000551.htm

Then try connecting and see if it helped.

Tried that. Didn't help.

What about the classic problems like copy-pasting empty spaces in to the address field.