As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[No Players] Casual Commentary: 28 Lurkers Later

Apparently this same issue has happened before in this game, I didn't know that before. Does this change anything? Dreylin PM'd me, and I replied.

Quote:
Dreylin Wrote:Hey Xenu,

Check out my PB28 thread. FWIW I mostly disagree with the reload since I was hit with the same situation earlier in the game verses Whosit. Reload would need to be to the turn roll.

Dreylin.
Thanks, I already found three recent post in your thread and put the matter to lurker review in the lurker thread. I hadn't been reading your thread (or Whosit's) and didn't know about a previous similar incident. I'll bring that up in the lurker thread by adding these PMs to my post there. I'm hoping there's an admin or someone to make the call for me. smile

Thanks,
Xenu

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

wait - Whosit and Dreylin have had this situation before and Whosit didn't know about it? man, that's weird.

I guess I'd say that if there's precedent, there's precedent.

I think that if it's not reloaded, someone who understands what happened should explain it to whosit and explain why it helped him earlier, even if he didn't realize it.

Not clear to me that we should tell everyone else or not.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

If he can point to when it happened before then I'd say it should stand. But then I think these diplo rules are stupid anyway.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

(September 5th, 2015, 14:59)Dreylin Wrote: although he likely sent this diplo before declaring war, but still it comes through with a Cease Fire.
If ceasefire was received when not actually offered then it should be a bug, especially since in this case the order is msg, then wardec and the result is wardec followed by msg+ceasefire. I'm sympathetic to the precedent argument but in that case it's not Whosit's fault for accepting the ceasefire since Whosit didn't know it was intended, and imo Dreylin should have sounded out in that case.

In any case imo the players should be told about it since it's likely a bug, it's something generally unknown that has a significant impact on the game, and it's bound to happen again.

This Cease Fire thing is very shady smoke, I would ask RNG if Whosit should get a reload. popcorn

Does anyone have any further input? If not I'm going to say we'll reload to when Dreylin took the cease fire so that he receives the "Your head would look good on a spear" message, and instruct him to not accept the cease fire this time since it was obviously not intended. Does that seem most fair? I don't really like any of the options, but the game must go on.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

If not sure, roll the dice. nod

Seems fair to me, Xenu.

I'm going to go on record and say I disagree with that outcome but don't care enopugh to do anything. It's a stupid diplo rule set and everyone deserves the punishment for agreeing to play with it.
Current games (All): RtR: PB80 Civ 6: PBEM23

Ended games (Selection): BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PB5, PB15, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Civ 6:  PBEM22 Games ded lurked: PB18

Xenu, have you rolled the dice? Have you? Please, tell me you have rolled the dice. popcorn