As a French person I feel like it's my duty to explain strikes to you. - AdrienIer

Create an account  

[Spoilers] Adrien and Mardoc relax and play civ

Probably 2 warriors 1 scout could work too. I really want to go 2N1E next turn.

Recently I've come to realize that GH are better than PH due to the fact that they cost 1f for 3h unlike the PH that costs 2f for 4h. The pig will go to the second city so we won't be so food rich any more. Well I don't feel too strongly about it, it's just that I always prioritize GH over PH.

It's a WB save, put it in the documents/civ4/WBsaves file and load it as a scenario when you've opened the mod.

(July 1st, 2015, 12:06)AdrienIer Wrote: I really want to go 2N1E next turn.
I was insufficiently clear, then. I'm ok with that, after thinking about it. I want to see the SE, but at the same time that area is 2nd ring of cities, there's no way it affects any short term dotmap plans.

Quote:Recently I've come to realize that GH are better than PH due to the fact that they cost 1f for 3h unlike the PH that costs 2f for 4h. The pig will go to the second city so we won't be so food rich any more. Well I don't feel too strongly about it, it's just that I always prioritize GH over PH.
In general I agree with you. I just wonder if Imperialistic-with-three-foods might be an exception, especially pre-granary. OTOH, chopping a forest is also a good thing, and we do have the whip. So I'm definitely not certain about this.

Quote:It's a WB save, put it in the documents/civ4/WBsaves file and load it as a scenario when you've opened the mod.

Cool, I'll give that a shot. Maybe that'll help me talk less generally and more specifically.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

It's deer-licious ! Next turn I say NE.

Also with 21 tiles we're at 1.33% of total land, it means 175 tiles per player on average, plus water tiles.

Psst. If you mouse over your score you can see total land tiles on the map.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(July 1st, 2015, 13:44)AdrienIer Wrote: It's deer-licious !
mischief Commodore, did you intend this to be a map Brick would feel comfortable on?

Quote:Next turn I say NE.
Sounds reasonable. Looks like we'll want a city around here somewhere.

Quote:Also with 21 tiles we're at 1.33% of total land, it means 175 tiles per player on average, plus water tiles.

Hmm. At ~20 tiles/city, that's 9 cities. Packed in tighter and with some coast tiles included, maybe 15? And presumably some are islands and such. Not a ton of space, really.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

(July 1st, 2015, 14:12)Commodore Wrote: Psst. If you mouse over your score you can see total land tiles on the map.

I suck

I h8 u Mardork

BrickDeer BrickDeer BrickDeer
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

BrickDeer In-joke is best Joke! BrickDeer

Also, I really like how you didn't say you told me so, Adrien. Looks like my suggested scout move would have only revealed one extra tile (1S of the plains deer), and would have been a turn behind.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

I regret to report that we found no new resources this turn. We did find a wolf.

Probably N next turn, assuming the wolf lets us?

I set production to a warrior, working the pigs tile, while the worker improves the pigs. I'm wondering if that's right - maybe I should have continued to work the deer? Maybe we should have built our second scout immediately?

On balance, I think pigs makes sense, we want to grow. But I kinda think I should log back in and change to a scout.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker